Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerts for Under 18s

• 28-11-2013 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, Do many people go to concerts as under 18s? I find that most venues dont admit teenagers due to drink licensing issues, but at the same time some do hold special nights where the bars are closed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I rarely had an issue when I was under 18. Most bands I like would play the academy or olympia. I was at an over 18s gig last night and the amount of people who were completely drunk was ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Venues like Vicar Street and the Olympia are fairly lenient, as long as you're not pissed and noticeably under 16.

The Academy's bouncers are really strict, and spot fake ID's really easily too so it's never worth risking.

The 02 is either 14s or 16s, depending on the gig. I've only heard of a few over 18s gigs happening there.

Advertisement