Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best clubs in Dublin

Options
  • 28-11-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Just wondering what are the top clubs in Dublin these days,
    It used to be Lillies, Grafton lounge, Krystal type places where are the now ,i know these places are full of poser's but have a friend from England coming over and these are his type of places,

Are Copan , Sugar Club or House any good ? or any suggestions ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Sugar Club has some very fun things going on - it's also a really nice venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

That Everleigh Garden place seems to have replaced Krystle as the place for Z list Irish 'celebs' if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wright Venue too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Coppers!

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hey folks
    Just wondering what are the top clubs in Dublin these days,
    It used to be Lillies, Grafton lounge, Krystal type places where are the now ,i know these places are full of poser's but have a friend from England coming over and these are his type of places,

Are Copan , Sugar Club or House any good ? or any suggestions ,
    That Everleigh Garden place seems to have replaced Krystle as the place for Z list Irish 'celebs' if thats any help.

I like Copan, wouldn't be up there with Lillies/Grafton in terms of stature. Everleigh is a decent spot, over 24's on a Saturday iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Coppers!

/thread

actually, this wins!
    If they're from England, they'll love it here.
    Brought mates from England over once and they couldnt get over it!
    Let your mates know it's the best club in Dublin! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

Club m or Dandelion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

I like Diceys!

On a separate note:

It's actually so hard to find out anything about the Irish club scene these days. If you do a Google search you get info that could be dated from 2007. There really should be a website dedicated to keeping up with this lark. I've noticed a lot of posts here are to do with "Where should I go on a night out?" which I'm sure can be annoying for frequent posters. There seriously is no other way to get up to date info than asking on here, asking people you know who go out a lot or messaging/ringing each club individually to find out what's up.

It really annoys me.

[/rant] :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭hungry hippo 4

Club m or Dandelion.

Club M :pac:

Are you for real.

Ive worked all over and can say with confidence there is not one decent nightclub in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Club M :pac:

Are you for real.

Ive worked all over and can say with confidence there is not one decent nightclub in town!

We avoid that place like the plague. :pac: Plus price of it!!! No way Jose!

• Advertisement

We avoid that place like the plague. :pac: Plus price of it!!! No way Jose!

I worked there, very briefly.
    That place is owned by the meanest bastads you will ever meet!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

What makes a good nightclub for you?

Its staff, the decor, variety of drinks, people that go there.

Cool funky music and some throwback tunes.

For me , I think Tripod has not been topped by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

I guess 'cool funky music' is open to interpretation but there are a few spots that certainly meet some of that criteria.

I like the Grand Social and the Twisted Pepper. Music is the main thing that matters to me when I'm going to a club and they, along with places like the Button Factory, Sugar Club, Underground, Sweeney's all put on gigs that I enjoy going to.

I much preferred the Tripod when it was the Red Box. Thought it lost most of it's atmosphere when it changed.

kinsy wrote: »
    I guess 'cool funky music' is open to interpretation but there are a few spots that certainly meet some of that criteria.

I like the Grand Social and the Twisted Pepper. Music is the main thing that matters to me when I'm going to a club and they, along with places like the Button Factory, Sugar Club, Underground, Sweeney's all put on gigs that I enjoy going to.

I much preferred the Tripod when it was the Red Box. Thought it lost most of it's atmosphere when it changed.

I liked the mixture of Pod, chocolate bar and craw daddy!

Yeah I agree they are both good. Sweeneys also.

The Mezz can be fun. Ive nothing against pop music, wait actually I do. I hate it, so anywhere with rihanna playing can go ask me bollleeeex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The lost society is pretty good. Although some people might view it as full of "hipsters". But everyone I have might there is really nice. Just go midweek as its a premium Venue at the weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

If you want the "Irish elite", overpriced drink, chart music: Everleigh Garden, Grafton Lounge, Lilies Bordello, Krystle, Vanilla or Madison

If you want somewhere "young": The Palace, D2, Alchemy

If you want alternative tunes, "hipster" crowd, more chilled vibe: The Button Factory, The Twisted Pepper, Lost Society, Pygmallion, The Village, The Grand Social

If you want to pull: Coppers or Leggs ( or any club on this thread after 1-2am)

If you want mixed music, mixed crowd: Diceys, Whelans, Copan, Dandelion, The Village, Howl At The Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Coppers is like a bad acid trip.

Coppers is like a bad acid trip.

Coppers is a dive I cant believe its so popular.

Coppers is a dive I cant believe its so popular.

it proves that Dublin is home to a large population of cretins!

and rednecks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

beauty101 wrote: »
    If you want the "Irish elite", overpriced drink, chart music: Everleigh Garden, Grafton Lounge, Lilies Bordello, Krystle, Vanilla or Madison

you are mixing up elite with hairdressers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

beauty101 wrote: »
    Vanilla

There once for a 21st, never again!

Another thing about coppers is that doesnt feel like a real night club its as if someone put a bar in their basement and then called it a "night club".

Advertisement