Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware Versand sent me a faulty pc

Options
  • 28-11-2013 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

As the title says I got a faulty PC from Hardware Versand I already sent it back came back broken still.The build of the pc is in this thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056915569
    on the second page

The problems are as follows
    The Pc works for about 20 minutes the the screen goes bright white and the only way to get it back to normal is to turn the pc off all together.
    The pc is a gaming pc and I cant play any game with out getting a mass amount of errors and if I am lucky they run for 2 minutes freeze and dont start again.

Frankly I've also found hardware Versand assistance wanting as well was they have ignored my previous 3 tickets in an attempt to resolve the issue

Anyone have any ideas whats worng with the blasted thing?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

The manufacturer recommends a 700W PSU for that GPU, yours is 500w, that might have something to do with it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The PSU should be fine in terms of wattage, did HWVS give any details/info when they returned it the last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Scirpt wrote: »
    The manufacturer recommends a 700W PSU for that GPU, yours is 500w, that might have something to do with it?
    Would that cause the pc screen to go pure white ?also the first time the pc was sent to me the USB and Cooler and PSu werent connected

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Their build option is rubbish, they always mess it up.

Open up pc and I bet the cabling is a mess. I got one off them and cables were blocking fans and so on, along with loads of stuff being loose. Pretty sure they just slap it together and ship it with barely any testing.

For e20 (how much is it now?) it's a good option to get the donkey work done, but count on having to go over it all yourself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I'd start off downloading some temperature monitoring software and check the GPU and CPU aren't overheating.

Also have a peek at the Windows event viewer as well see if there are any suspicious errors around the times it crashes.

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    I'd start off downloading some temperature monitoring software and check the GPU and CPU aren't overheating.

Also have a peek at the Windows event viewer as well see if there are any suspicious errors around the times it crashes.

It generally doesnt crash as I can hear stuff working in the back for example youtube videos but I just can see them at all.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Their build option is rubbish, they always mess it up.

Open up pc and I bet the cabling is a mess. I got one off them and cables were blocking fans and so on, along with loads of stuff being loose. Pretty sure they just slap it together and ship it with barely any testing.

For e20 (how much is it now?) it's a good option to get the donkey work done, but count on having to go over it all yourself.

I take that sending it back to them would be a waste again then?

Menelaun wrote: »
    It generally doesnt crash as I can hear stuff working in the back for example youtube videos but I just can see them at all.

Probably be worth re-installing the GPU drivers, clear out all traces of the existing one first with Driversweeper, and then reinstall the latest ones.

If it still occurs I'd try running with the onboard graphics for a few hours and see if perhaps the GPU is the faulty component.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Probably be worth re-installing the GPU drivers, clear out all traces of the existing one first with Driversweeper, and then reinstall the latest ones.

If it still occurs I'd try running with the onboard graphics for a few hours and see if perhaps the GPU is the faulty component.

Unfortunately I#ve tried the reinstallation to no avail and the computer wont stay on for more than 30 minutes with out the screen blanking so I cant see what happens.Popped it open there and there is a slight bend in the graphics card!This just keeps on getting worse that and they arent replying to my emails at all!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

You ordered it 9 months ago? Received it broken sent back , returned to you broken again? All in nine months?

• Advertisement

You ordered it 9 months ago? Received it broken sent back , returned to you broken again? All in nine months?

No no I ordered it in late July it came in august had to send it back and I got it back mid september been trying to contact them since its still not working but they just ignore all the email's I send them.

I take that sending it back to them would be a waste again then?

Yes they will probably say stuff came loose in shipment. You need to do it yourself basically, just open it up and check everything.

Yes they will probably say stuff came loose in shipment. You need to do it yourself basically, just open it up and check everything.

I wonder is it too late now for a refund because at this stage I'm sick of the thing sitting in a box not being used
    I really don't want to fork out more for what has been in my opinion a sale of a faulty good....

Also forgot to mention that HDMI doesnt work.

No no I ordered it in late July it came in august had to send it back and I got it back mid september been trying to contact them since its still not working but they just ignore all the email's I send them.

Well forget that checking parts , and forget emailing. Ring them and don't quit.

If it's any consolation my previously rock-solid pc is now crashing all the time because of nvidia drivers and windows 8.1.

Might not be hardware related. The only way to tell is to swap parts around.

Well forget that checking parts , and forget emailing. Ring them and don't quit.

I plan on doing so I really hope I can get my refund back and buy myself a new pc from another website that puts them together properly

I would only recommend HWVS for people that are building their own really.

I would only recommend HWVS for people that are building their own really.

Anywhere you can recommend for building before its shipped?

If I say Dell the other posters will shoot me :D For cheap pre-built office pcs.

For hardcore gaming pcs you really have to build your own, I trust noone.

Get a technical mate to take a look at your pc, I bet they can fix it.

• Advertisement

I plan on doing so I really hope I can get my refund back and buy myself a new pc from another website that puts them together properly

Bloodbath is building PCs on adverts. Maybe hit him up. Anyway keep posted on hwvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You should get a full refund to be honest including shipping costs. That length of time with a non working pc is not acceptable. You could get a higher spec pc for the same money now.

I am gauging interest in pre built pc's on adverts.ie at the moment. I will most likely go ahead and make a proper website with more options and details in the next few days.

Price points will be 600-800-1000-1200 and everything in between.

Damn you custompc.ie taking the name I wanted with your crappy service.

BloodBath wrote: »
    You should get a full refund to be honest including shipping costs. That length of time with a non working pc is not acceptable. You could get a higher spec pc for the same money now.

I am gauging interest in pre built pc's on adverts.ie at the moment. I will most likely go ahead and make a proper website with more options and details in the next few days.

Price points will be 600-800-1000-1200 and everything in between.

Damn you custompc.ie taking the name I wanted with your crappy service.

Customping.pc

pcmasterrace.ie ????

Cheers for all the replies lads I am píssed off that it cost me around the 1400 mark and thats including the money I had to pay UPS to ship it back to them the first time.I'm ringing them first thing in the morning and will hound them till I get my refund I am going to enquire about a new spec and hopefully it will work a lot better this time

Cheers for all the replies lads I am píssed off that it cost me around the 1400 mark and thats including the money I had to pay UPS to ship it back to them the first time.I'm ringing them first thing in the morning and will hound them till I get my refund I am going to enquire about a new spec and hopefully it will work a lot better this time

They send you an email after you receive your order saying something along the lines of leave feedback on their site. Don't hold back.

Have all your details written down. Order number date of purchase. Return dates and times. In front of you when you ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Sorry it turned out so badly. It's not the first time with pre built machines from them to be honest. I think the problem is more in the shipment than with them.

Shipping pre built pc's is dangerous if it's not professionally packed inside and out and handled well. Most courriers don't give a **** from what I've seen.

If you are getting a refund make sure you get refunded the shipping costs. It's their problem not yours. If they can't insure that it works by the time it gets to you then they shouldn't offer the service.

I rang them there today and in my mediocre German I managed to get them to agree to take it back and try to fix it but as soon as I mentioned they word refund they didnt want to know....I'm have to write a letter with it about what's wrong with it and I think I'll put something in about a refund in there too and ask about swapping the PSU over too for a 700w of the same price if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

How long does it work for when you remove the graphics card and run the monitor off the mainboard?
    Assuming it has a monitor connection.

• Advertisement

How long does it work for when you remove the graphics card and run the monitor off the mainboard?
    Assuming it has a monitor connection.

About the same amount of time

Advertisement