Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1-to-1 streaming

• 28-11-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,
    this is probably an idiotic newbie question, but my Google-fu has honestly failed me like a bajillion times already with this, and I'm growing a little frustrated, so maybe one of you knowledgable people can help. I want to just stream my screen while gaming for a single person. Streaming over Twitch is, quite frankly, a pain, fraught with technical difficulties (low-end laptop here), and just hasn't been working. All I want is a simple option that will allow my girlfriend to listen to me screaming like a girl while I play Outlast or similar while we chat. Skype, for instance, has a great screen-sharing option that doesn't impact game performance much, but it won't show the screen while I'm gaming. Twitch, despite endless fiddling and adjustments, can share my desktop, but freaks out when I try to game, not to mention causes a degredation in game performance.
    Does anyone know of any alternatives? I just want to share my screen and audio, preferably also including my microphone audio into the bargain, although in all honesty, I think we'd settle for a solution which doesn't share the game audio/microphone audio (game audio less vital, mic audio can be worked around through another means with little difficulty) while I play.
    Suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You need to get a program like OBS or Xsplit to get twitch to work right, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Snoogans

I have OBS and can stream my desktop, but as soon as I load up outlast, all that's visible on my screen is a flickery, distorted view of my desktop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't use OBS myself but usually with these programs you have to define the game as a source, as opposed to a screen capture region!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Snoogans

I did that. I'm using OBS, using game capture, selected Outlast as the game I wish to capture, and the stream instead shows a corrupted version of my desktop.

I looked into it, and found that these kinda issues are pretty common with OBS. I don't even really want to broadcast or anything, I just want to share screens with my significant other while I wibble and cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hypnostv

I use Xsplit for streaming, i can add as many cameras as i want, add skype anything really

• Advertisement
Advertisement