Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 13 Captain Poll

• 28-11-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭

Thursday night and no thread yet I see. I'll throw up a poll there so.

Gameweek 13 Captain 168 votes

Benteke
    0%
    Giroud
    1%
    TockmanHarvey Low Fat Milk 2 votes
    Ozil
    1%
    RoonboxIrish ArisL.A.D 3 votes
    Ramsey
    0%
    TheSetMiner 1 vote
    Lukaku
    0%
    Howson
    2%
    muletideRedPeppersPeteEdShedite27P.Walnuts 5 votes
    Remy
    0%
    CSF 1 vote
    Rooney
    1%
    Walter Whitestonemanic 2 votes
    RVP
    1%
    shayno90The Gibzillajtown 3 votes
    Suarez
    1%
    Rojiblancoscollie0708 2 votes
    Studge
    22%
    rorycBulmers[Deleted User]Rikandshreddedloopsbig_showGrid.Dearg81whackballWoollyRedHatOwlsZatO-Deazyx43r0daithijjjSaKi-The-KillerPirateShampoobeaver111average_runnertmc86sashafierce 37 votes
    Coutinho
    0%
    Vokes 1 vote
    Hazard
    0%
    Oscar
    0%
    Lampard
    0%
    Aguero
    0%
    Negredo
    61%
    SickBoyDempseymaddsmachiavellianmethe whole year inngrowlerPWEILeNNoX[Deleted User]rock whorelassykkLemlinMacker1zarquonbillymitchellbofNalzronan.htimbelmailburner 104 votes
    Nasri
    2%
    harpstilidiepuddle duckwardie101rosskindlostsoul21 5 votes
    Bony
    0%
    I Fukcing Hate Cyclists 1 vote
    Other
    0%
    redarmy 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Negredo
    Poll is added. It's between Aguero and Suarez for me, leaning towards Aguero as he's at home and was rested at half-time last night. Suarez will be captain the following 2 gameweeks so don't feel too concerned if I didn't give it to him this GW.

Lukaku could entice a few also I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Negredo
    When City are at home, I pick Aguero. Simples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Negredo
    Playing at home, rested and in form, it has to be Aguero for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Negredo
    tom_k wrote: »
    Playing at home, rested and in form, it has to be Aguero for me.

Plus Swansea have a tough Europa League match tonight, Aguero all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Negredo
    Kun for me, he's bang in form right now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Negredo
    Let's just hope Aguero is not rested. God forbid if he is and Suarez bangs in one or two. I have both, dilemma :( I'd imagine it will be all or nothing for Aguero though, he'll either start or not play at all and be fully rested, thus Suarez as VC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Negredo
    Aguero has 51% of the FFS poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Studge
    I may go suarez as he is guaranteed 90 mins. Aguero probably wont get more than 70 mins with city having 3 games in 6 days and the other 2 games being tougher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Ozil
    Landslide for Aguero, Im stickin in on Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Negredo
    Has to be Aguero ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Studge
    Super Suarez!

Negredo
    I may go suarez as he is guaranteed 90 mins. Aguero probably wont get more than 70 mins with city having 3 games in 6 days and the other 2 games being tougher.

Damn it.. The more I think about this the more it makes sense..

Have tomorrow afternoon to decide.. Saturday morning will be spent nursing a hangover until work that evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Danger781 wrote: »
    Damn it.. The more I think about this the more it makes sense..

Have tomorrow afternoon to decide.. Saturday morning will be spent nursing a hangover until work that evening

Hull have only conceded 2 at home this season but haven't played anyone good.
    Decisions decisions.

Negredo
    JPA wrote: »
    Hull have only conceded 2 at home this season but haven't played anyone good.
    Decisions decisions.

Yes I posted that in another thread.

Hull - 10 conceded - Only 2 of those at home

Swansea - 13 conceded

Negredo
    Bony and Angel Rangel both went off injired for Seansea last night. Bony definitely won't play at the weekend.

Swansea are going to be short this weekend so I reckon I'll go with Kun.

Jovetic, Silva and Rodwell are still injured so City have rotation options but they aren't quite as vast as they will be just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Negredo

GL if you do, could prove nice differential.

Kun for me though. Flirted with the idea of Lukaku, which lasted all of 5 mins:rolleyes:

I know what you mean about Kun minutes, there is even the nagging doubt of rotation against lesser teams. City just can't afford to drop more points in title race (they have lost 4 already) though so I would be amazed if the likes of Dzecko came in starting. The other issue as you said is if city take a 2+ lead Kun would likely come off in second half. In this case we can just hope he does contribute to the goals in which the chances are very good. If it were 0-0 after 65 mins for example, do you see him coming off?

That is my logic anyways!

Negredo
    moreau wrote: »

Kun for me though. Flirted with the idea of Lukaku, which lasted all of 5 mins:rolleyes:

I know what you mean about Kun minutes, there is even the nagging doubt of rotation against lesser teams. City just can't afford to drop more points in title race (they have lost 4 already) though so I would be amazed if the likes of Dzecko came in starting. The other issue as you said is if city take a 2+ lead Kun would likely come off in second half. In this case we can just hope he does contribute to the goals in which the chances are very good. If it were 0-0 after 65 mins for example, do you see him coming off?

IMO if Pellegrini was that worried about resting Aguero he wouldn't have even played him for one half Wednesday night.

I can see Aguero starting all three games over the next week and then being rested in the last CL game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Negredo
    Lemlin wrote: »
    IMO if Pellegrini was that worried about resting Aguero he wouldn't have even played him for one half Wednesday night.

I can see Aguero starting all three games over the next week and then being rested in the last CL game.

You think City will play a weakened team against Bayern ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lucas Hood wrote: »

They've got second spot secured and first is extremely unlikely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Negredo
    It's Suarez vs Aguero III.

Aguero wins with a KO in round 8.

• Advertisement

Negredo
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's Suarez vs Aguero III.

Aguero wins with a KO in round 8.

Eye of the Tiger baby, Eye of the Tiger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Negredo
    PARlance wrote: »
    They've got second spot secured and first is extremely unlikely.

I still think they'll want to go and make a good showing of themselves out there after Bayern spanked them at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

Ozil
    olivier-giroud-05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jcunning

Negredo
    Seems like it's too risky to put the armband on anyone but Sergio Leonel "Kun" Agüero del Castillo. I want to captain Suarez but five teams in my mini-league have a Suarez/Kun partnership and all are leaning towards the Argentine.

Negredo

Yep. It's the least important of all their games.

Negredo
    Yep. It's the least important of all their games.

It's 2 or 3 goals they need to win by too, no brainer not going all out to try that against Munich away possibly sacrificing league points resting players.

Any word from Hull on injuries to their CB's... are we looking like Faye and Bruce at the back... Suarez is not giving up the armband just yet.

Negredo
    Any word from Hull on injuries to their CB's... are we looking like Faye and Bruce at the back... Suarez is not giving up the armband just yet.

Yeah I know perseverance is the key. I just saw this video on youtube that was quite informative about whether or not you should give up on Suarez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Negredo
    loveBBhate wrote: »
    It's 2 or 3 goals they need to win by too, no brainer not going all out to try that against Munich away possibly sacrificing league points resting players.

And I can't see Munich putting out a full strength team either.

• Advertisement

Studge
    moreau wrote: »

Id be shocked if aguero didnt start sunday. He is their main man and they have slipped up too much already. As he is their main man Id see them protecting him somewhat, so as you said if city are a couple of goals up I'd imagine aguero will be the first man off to keep him fresh for the next 2 games. If it was 0 0 after 65 I reckon there is no chance of him coming off. So my thinking is if he gets 90 city will have struggled or City are winning comfortably and he comes off early.
    He only needed an hour against spurs to get 15 pts so its probably not a major issue and having said all that im still 50/50 on aguero or suarez.

Negredo
    Id be shocked if aguero didnt start sunday. He is their main man and they have slipped up too much already. As he is their main man Id see them protecting him somewhat, so as you said if city are a couple of goals up I'd imagine aguero will be the first man off to keep him fresh for the next 2 games. If it was 0 0 after 65 I reckon there is no chance of him coming off. So my thinking is if he gets 90 city will have struggled or City are winning comfortably and he comes off early.
    He only needed an hour against spurs to get 15 pts so its probably not a major issue and having said all that im still 50/50 on aguero or suarez.

Wednesday night he had one goal scored and a second harshly disallowed in 45 minutes as well.

Negredo
    And I can't see Munich putting out a full strength team either.

They should both put out their U21s and both managers and first team players go up the corporate box for a few tins to watch the game and belt on in to Munich after for a session.

Yeah I know perseverance is the key. I just saw this video on youtube that was quite informative about whether or not you should give up on Suarez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

I think a "Never Hokey Pokey Up" mash up is in order.

Negredo
    I think a "Never Hokey Pokey Up" mash up is in order.

"I'm never going to hokey you up,
    never going to pokey you down,
    never going to run around and hokey poke you"

The assignment is going well evidently

Suarez is looking like a differential this to answer the question but I think it would be madness to not captain Aguero. I'll have the armband on Suarez on Wed and next weekend so it's an easy choice for me.

Aguero it is for me so, golfing in the morning so no going back now.

All that is left to do, is to chop and change the team in order to satisfy my slight OCD/superstitious need to make sure all is in order.
    Aguero has to be positioned in the middle position of the front 3...
    Seamie playing at right back, the two CB's are actually in their positions...Zab will cover at LB.

• Advertisement

Negredo
    Cheeky headline suggesting where Pellegrini's priorities lie :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

Ozil
    Lads

Need to captain one of Giroud, Rooney or Sturridge.

Suggestions?

Loyalty is telling me to stick with Giroud as ive had him as captain every time hes scored this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Negredo
    Kun Kun Kun tho Lukaku could be a sneaky differential for anyone who has him

Negredo
    I'll be like a KUNt if Aguero doesn't perform, but I've a feeling if I don't captain Suarez it'll come back to BITE me. Or maybe Sturridge? STURRIng these options around in my head all day.

x

Negredo

Pellegrini has now confirmed they will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Suarez or Giroud hrmmm

Studge
    Aguero it is. I have 3 liverpool players so cant go suarez capt incase they flop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Giroud
    I don't have Aguero which is crazy and it's perhaps because of this insanity that I'm going for Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Studge
    I have Aguero, Suarez and Lukaku, slightly edging towards Suarez for this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Going to go for Suarez this week. It looks like anyone who has Augero will stick it on him so it will be a nice points gain if Suarez comes through! Have both of them on the team anyway so it's win win really if they both turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Negredo
    It has to be Aguero or Suarez. I'll go for the home player, Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Negredo
    Have Aguero, Suarez, and Rooney.....but all of the pointers are saying Aguero. But when does FF follow the pointers??? Fingers crossed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Negredo
    Considering Sturridge's injury, Aguero or Suarez...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Negredo
    Gameweek 13 Captain

Howson
    ∙ CSF

omg-owl.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

I hate waking up early on Saturdays because it gives me too much time to change around the team. Thinking about changing from Suarez to Rooney now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement