Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching TV on iPad4

Options
  • 28-11-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Hi

I had an iPad 2 and used to connect it to my TV with a HDMI cable connected to an Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter. It worked fine on the RTE player etc. I upgraded to an iPad 4 a few months ago so I bought an Lightning/30 Pin adaptor and added it to the previous set-up to allow me to watch as before. However it doesn't work and I get a message saying that "This accessory is not supported by this iPad". Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

If you read the description of the lightning to 30pin adapter it mentions that Video is not supported. Bit annoying!

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

You are right! I bought it from an a Apple Store in the US and they told me that it would do the job. Stupid of me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ramiroagain

I know it is expensive, but I would just like to know if it is worth buying one of these or not because I have read a lot of negative views on this product.

Anyone able to offer their advice or experience of same.

Advertisement