Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying Property Tax by Cheque

• 28-11-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Want to select my payment method as by cheque for the property tax payment method due tomorrow but no option on the site? Help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Prenderb wrote: »

No comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Would it be more helpful if I told you you've missed the boat for the cheque payment, and will have to choose one of the electronic means?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Prenderb wrote: »
    Would it be more helpful if I told you you've missed the boat for the cheque payment, and will have to choose one of the electronic means?

Yes. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Yes. Thank you

I'm not convinced that's the case. See my other post on this subject (can't create link on my phone).

You can pay by cheque up to 1st January 2014 according to the Revenue website guidance as well.

Remember that the legislation says the due date is 1 January 2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

If you still have the form LPT1a that they sent then you need to do this :

Detach the "Single Debit Authority" payslip at the bottom of the LPT1A Payment Instruction form.
    Include a note on the LPT1A Payment Instruction form that you will pay by cheque/postal order on or before 1 January 2014.
    Send back your LPT1A Payment Instruction form to Revenue (having detached the "Single Debit Authority" payslip).
    Record the LPT due for 2014 in the "Total Amount Due" box on the “Single Debit Authority” payslip.
    Make the cheque/postal order payable to the Collector General.
    Record your Property ID on the back of the cheque/postal order.
    Send your cheque/postal order and "Single Debit Authority" payslip to Revenue, LPT Branch, P.O. Box 1, Limerick on or before 1 January 2014.

You are past the deadline - but they will still accept the form.

See http://www.moneyguideireland.com/paying-the-property-tax-how-and-when.html

Advertisement