Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription extended over the phone by my wife, not the account holder

Options
  • 28-11-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

My wife was contacted at home by an Eircom sales rep a couple of months ago stating that we were being offered a discount on our monthly subscription if we signed up for another year. I have since contacted eircom on a number of occasions to state that my wife is not the account holder and as such she did not have the authority to make that decision
    I was left a voicemail by a member of eircoms staff stating that they had reviewed the conversation between my wife and the rep and they were rejecting the dispute on the grounds that my wife agreed to the renewal. I am not disputing the fact that my wife may or may not have accepted the deal, my argument is that she did not have the authority to make that decision. The account is in my name and the money is withdrawn from my own account. I was just going to leave the matter but the manner with which I have been dealt with by the last couple of representatives has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and as such I have come on here in the hopes of having this matter dealt with. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

johnybean wrote: »
    My wife was contacted at home by an Eircom sales rep a couple of months ago stating that we were being offered a discount on our monthly subscription if we signed up for another year. I have since contacted eircom on a number of occasions to state that my wife is not the account holder and as such she did not have the authority to make that decision
    I was left a voicemail by a member of eircoms staff stating that they had reviewed the conversation between my wife and the rep and they were rejecting the dispute on the grounds that my wife agreed to the renewal. I am not disputing the fact that my wife may or may not have accepted the deal, my argument is that she did not have the authority to make that decision. The account is in my name and the money is withdrawn from my own account. I was just going to leave the matter but the manner with which I have been dealt with by the last couple of representatives has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and as such I have come on here in the hopes of having this matter dealt with. 
    Hi johnybean

Can you DM the eircom account number and name on the account and we can look into this for you and get back to you next week.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Hi johnybean

Can you DM the eircom account number and name on the account and we can look into this for you and get back to you next week.

Mark
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi johnybean

Mark
    PM sent

Thanks for those details.

I have sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement