Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of doing nursing in Ucd

Options
  • 28-11-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Back in 2007 I went to UCC for two years and I had a really bad experience, I have since done a fetac 5 Health Care Assistant and a fetac 6 nursing home trainer. Is it hard to get a place in UCD as a mature student?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Here are the points for 2013 entry. Points for mature gen nursing in UCD were 559 this year (out of a maximum of 800, highest score was 650). I would say that is very doable with a bit of preparation before the test. I'd recommend doing a prep day and practising your arithmetic. If you've done the HCA course, I assume you've some experience in a hospital or nursing home so you will have an advantage on the job scenario test. That will also help with the skills and experience questionnaire. That leaves the verbal reasoning which will take some practice to do well in but a prep day and the materials they will give you will help with that.

Advertisement