Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or is Dawson 5hite?

Options
  • 28-11-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I've been biting my tongue for long enough but over the back end of last
    Season and throughout the start of this one Michael Dawson has been causing me to lose my f***ing rag.

I think he's an honest player but were getting nowhere near 4th with him in the side.

For me it has to be Kaboul and Verthongen from now on.

And while I'm on the subject of centre halves why did we ever let young
    Caulker leave??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Yeah, Dawson is a liability, gets caught too often.

I read on another Spurs forum, not sure if it's true, that Caulker was ordered out by Joe Lewis because he called his daughter a whore at the training ground one day. He's a fine player, would love to see him have stayed

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Glad to hear someone agrees.
    Some of my mates think Dawson should be in the England team.
    I think AVB should have stuck with his gut and sold Dawson last year.
    Now he's club captain!!

Caulker was a future Spurs legend.

He will be playing utd/city/Chelsea sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Here's what you do with Dawson, bring him on a long car journey at night, throw a stick as far as you can and high tail it home. Either that or a glue factory, you'd make a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sound bloke. Hard Working. Great spirit. Good in the air. Brave. Always gives his best.
    Slow. Poor with the ball at his feet. Doesn't talk enough for me. Good player but not good enough to get us where we all want to be. Certainly not International material and on current form, shouldn't be in the starting eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was always a big fan of Dawson's cos he gives it everything on the pitch but I'm afraid to say recent performances have changed my mind,even in tonight's game he was left for dead a couple of times,he's gone so slow that a Sherman tank would turn quicker.Daws is ok if there's now one else around better but we have three other CBs better than him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Sound bloke. Hard Working. Great spirit. Good in the air. Brave. Always gives his best.
    Slow. Poor with the ball at his feet. Doesn't talk enough for me. Good player but not good enough to get us where we all want to be. Certainly not International material and on current form, shouldn't be in the starting eleven.

Fair summation but can;t agree with the talking bit. Seems to me that he's the only one who talks and organises things. Most of the rest hardly open their mouths.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's too slow and it shows against the likes of Aguero. Caught out time and time again, and he just can't keep up. King was slow as hell, but was a brilliant defender because his positional awareness was 2nd to none. Daws just isn't good enough at that to compete.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Fair summation but can;t agree with the talking bit. Seems to me that he's the only one who talks and organises things. Most of the rest hardly open their mouths.

He talks compared to others, but have you ever seen him give anyone a good bollicking, and we've had plenty that have deserved one recently..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He talks compared to others, but have you ever seen him give anyone a good bollicking, and we've had plenty that have deserved one recently..

As it happens I have :D.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    As it happens I have :D.

Really, tell us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

He's a liability, remember tripping himself up at the Emirates? So many times the ball gets stuck under his feet. He has very little composure on the ball and when the ball is on the ground attackers find it easy to get around him resulting in the inevitable lunge tackle. His distribution is poor too.

Should be fourth choice CB now behind Kaboul, Verts and Chirches. BUY A FCUKING LEFT BACK!!

Caulker looked promising but last season he was often at fault for goals, amking simple errors. I don't think he was good enough, to be fair I think he'll be a big fish in a small pond for years to come i.e. at Cardiff / Swansea.

Advertisement