Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Laptop

Options
  • 28-11-2013 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I normally wouldn't post about something like this, but I'm desperate. Last night at about 6pm my car was broken into and my laptop was stolen in Claybaun Heights Galway. Its a 13inch macbook pro with a dent on the cover near the apple logo. All my Ph.D. work is on it. Some of it is recoverable but not all. It was in a navy NUI Galway CELT bag. If anyone saw anything or heard anything please let me know.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Might be worth contacting any of the Laptop reselling shops around town and ask them to be aware of it. Also keep an eye on donedeal/adverts etc. You might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Would have made sense to keep your documents somewhere in the cloud like dropbox or google drive. A harsh lesson but hopefully others here will back their important data based on this story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Aw I wish it would turn up for you or you find it for sale or something. Hate hearing stories like this. :/ If they were even to some way send you on all the Course-work you've saved I'd let them keep the Laptop if it came to it if it meant getting your stuff back after putting in all your time on it..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Friends had laptop stolen few weeks back in Knocknacarra ( house robbery )

After a quick search in alley way beside house they found laptop and got it repaired

Have a look in bushes in green areas and alleyways near house to see if it turns up

Usually if Laptop is locked thieves will throw them away ( this is what guards said providing the thieves were young lads )

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gordo.sands

Thanks for all the advice. I've tried all the shops but to no avail as of yet. They all have my number now anyway. I tried the bushes around the area and nothing there. Luckly my broken harddrive that I had all the backups on maybe fixable so my lost data may be less then originally thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Don't Macs have a find-me feature via iCloud? In case someone turns it on without wiping it?

Advertisement