Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Well what was in the parcel? or am I better off not knowing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Well what was in the parcel? or am I better off not knowing?

Hi SfM

It was that flippin chin up bar that D recommended, haven't had the energy to put it together yet!

Austin Powers will just have to e mail Stazza some Shagadelic tips :)

TbL

Hi SfM

It was that flippin chin up bar that D recommended, haven't had the energy to put it together yet!

Austin Powers will just have to e mail Stazza some Shagadelic tips :)

TbL
    Ah you will have great crack with that, sure what better way to spend an evening:rolleyes: Id say the missus is disappointed though!

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Ah you will have great crack with that, sure what better way to spend an evening:rolleyes: Id say the missus is disappointed though!

The missus has abandoned me and gone on the piss in town!

When I mentioned the Kamasutra was coming, she wanted to know if he was a vegetarian and how long he'd be staying :)

TbL

The missus has abandoned me and gone on the piss in town!

When I mentioned the Kamasutra was coming, she wanted to know if he was a vegetarian and how long he'd be staying :)

TbL
    I cant say I blame her, God help you when she returns and sees what s on her door frame!

• Advertisement

7 easy miles @ 7.46 over an hilly route.

Still haven't assembled the chin up bar!

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

7 easy miles @ 7.46 over an hilly route.

Still haven't assembled the chin up bar!

TbL
    Never mind the assembly ..... we want pictures of the chin up bar in action :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Never mind the assembly ..... we want pictures of the chin up bar in action :pac:

At least it wasn't the kamasutra for the elderly ;);)

Got it up.

The chin up bar that is :)

The kids stopped watching telly to laugh at my feeble efforts, the missus put down her glass of wine to join in the ridicule, told her she wouldn't be laughing when I gave her the late night demo in my mankini!

Tis ridiculously difficult.

TbL

Got it up.

The chin up bar that is :)

The kids stopped watching telly to laugh at my feeble efforts, the missus put down her glass of wine to join in the ridicule, told her she wouldn't be laughing when I gave her the late night demo in my mankini!

Tis ridiculously difficult.

TbL
    Well how many did you manage? Do the kids not want to be dangling from it like fruit bats?

• Advertisement

Not great, I've too much weight on, and very little upper body strength. I can't do one full arm extension chin up. Technique is very poor. If Duanington happens by he might give some pointers, should you point your fingers towards your face or outwards away from yourself. Do people do full arm extensions or start with a couple of inch drops? Even with the crappy attempt I put in, I could feel it engaging the core, so I'll try and keep it up coz my core is gore.

The middle lad is mad for it (he's a John Cena wannabe), he keeps kissing his matchstick biceps after each go (must have seen some wrestler on WWE doing that!) it's gas.

Hopefully I'll stick at it and not bin it like loads of other stuff I've tried.

The yoke itself seems to be sturdy and solid, put it like this, it didn't start groaning when I was hanging off it!

TbL

Not great, I've too much weight on, and very little upper body strength. I can't do one full arm extension chin up. Technique is very poor. If Duanington happens by he might give some pointers, should you point your fingers towards your face or outwards away from yourself. Do people do full arm extensions or start with a couple of inch drops? Even with the crappy attempt I put in, I could feel it engaging the core, so I'll try and keep it up coz my core is gore.

The middle lad is mad for it (he's a John Cena wannabe), he keeps kissing his matchstick biceps after each go (must have seen some wrestler on WWE doing that!) it's gas.

The yoke itself seems to be sturdy and solid, put it like this, it didn't start groaning when I was hanging off it!

TbL
    Have a look on utube for some pointers on how to use. Sure if all else fails you can use it for hanging clothes on:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

TbL

No need to start with the full arm extensions TbL - use the two small bars that stick out from the bar, get your chin level with the bar and drop a few inches - then pull yourself back up. Even if you have to drop off the thing after the first one to recover and go again - do it.
    You'll be amazed at how you will progress if you stick at it every couple of days for a few weeks. Baby steps!!
    You'll feel it around the "core" as much ( if not more) than your arms when you're doing it right

SamforMayo is on the money - youtube is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Ah jaysus, you're doing it all wrong...The chin ups that is.

You need to get yourself a few big cigars and your Austin Powers suit before you even attempt it again....ya baby!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

What ever you do though please, for the love of god, DON'T let a crossfitter show you "correct" technique for a chin up

After spending the day preparing my special Beef Chernobyl and a couple of hours in the garden with the kids the day was getting away from me and I was half tempted to put off the planned LR till tomorrow, I thought the same last week and never got out for the LR so I sucked it up. Drove into Galway so I could do this without the head torch.

Did 22 miles @ 8.01 average, felt tired for the last few miles and not so sure I could have kept going.

Splits.

1. 8.25
    2. 8.08
    3. 8.11
    4. 7.48
    5. 8.00
    6. 8.02
    7. 7.52
    8. 8.24
    9. 8.08
    10. 7.52
    11. 8.30
    12. 7.55
    13. 8.06
    14. 8.17
    15. 7.44
    16. 7.38
    17. 7.47
    18. 7.59
    19. 8.01
    20. 7.56
    21. 7.51
    22. 7.55

Again no fluids or gels.

Total weekly miles 68.

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

my special Beef Chernobyl

:confused: - you can't leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Beef wrote: »
    :confused: - you can't leave it at that.
    Radioactive horsemeat ..... looks and tastes just like beef. TbL feeds it to his kids so they grow up big and strong and can bully all the other kids in the playground. He should really start tucking into it himself ....... might be able to do a few more chin ups ;)

Did 13 miles today over a hilly route, 1.35:23

The plan was to do the first 7 easy and try and do the last 6 at a tempo(ish) pace.

Averaged 7.20 on tired legs so happy with that.

The last 6 miles splits:

8. 7.16
    9. 6.55
    10. 6.33
    11. 6.54
    12. 6.58
    13. 6.34

Happy with that as there were some reasonably tough climbs in there (and obviously some downhills :) )

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Did 13 miles today over a hilly route, 1.35:23

The plan was to do the first 7 easy and try and do the last 6 at a tempo(ish) pace.

Averaged 7.20 on tired legs so happy with that.

The last 6 miles splits:

8. 7.16
    9. 6.55
    10. 6.33
    11. 6.54
    12. 6.58
    13. 6.34

Happy with that as there were some reasonably tough climbs in there (and obviously some downhills :) )

TbL

Nice run. String a couple of those back to back on Sunday and you will be doing nicely.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck at the weekend TbL.
    You're on home turf now in the PRC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Good luck on Sunday TbL and leave my drop bags alone. They're booby trapped.:)

Wed: no run was in London, stayed with a work colleague that had the temerity to want to spend the evening conversing with me (and the fecker knew nothin about running!)

Thur: again no run, was in Casablanca with work and late meetings meant got back to the hotel in the dark, went straight up to the hotel gym but it was closed.

Had a nice dinner in a local restaurant, a lamb tagine (lamb slow cooked in a clay pot with apricots, raisins and nuts), I wouldn't usually eat lamb but this was very tasty.

Fri: had a gap in the morning and got out for a really nice easy 6.2 miles around 9.30. Weather was lovely, hazy sunshine. Headed down a lovely double palm tree lined road from the hotel towards the port and the new marina that is been constructed. Noticed an incredible number of people in uniforms of various hues. Haven't seen that many people in uniform since my last S&M party :)

Only bit that spoiled an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable run was an incident with a rotund security guard who wouldn't let me run up along the road of the new constructed marina business park. I pretended that I didn't understand him and tried to keep going as the alternative was to cross over a busy dual carriageway. I must be in worse shape than I thought as this rotund auld lad managed to get the jump on me by getting in front of me, spreading his arms and bringing me to a halt! Had a few words with him but ended up having to play logger to get the Bogger across to the other side.

Kept going down towards Hassan ll mosque, which is one of the biggest in the world, outside Mecca (I'm open to correction here). I think the Mosques minaret is also the tallest one in the world. The mosque itself juts out into the Atlantic at the end if the prom with the waves crashing against its 50 feet (my estimate) walls. It's a pretty impressive sight. Kept going down the prom a bit before turning back the way I came and childishly giving security guard of the year, the bird!!

Landed by in Heathrow terminal 4 around 5 dashed over to T1, but can't get a flight home to Dublin till 8.10 as the 6 & 7 were sold out. Very unusual, is there some big event in Dublin this weekend?

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Wed: no run was in London, stayed with a work colleague that had the temerity to want to spend the evening conversing with me (and the fecker knew nothin about running!)

Thur: again no run, was in Casablanca with work and late meetings meant got back to the hotel in the dark, went straight up to the hotel gym but it was closed.

Had a nice dinner in a local restaurant, a lamb tagine (lamb slow cooked in a clay pot with apricots, raisins and nuts), I wouldn't usually eat lamb but this was very tasty.

Fri: had a gap in the morning and got out for a really nice easy 6.2 miles around 9.30. Weather was lovely, hazy sunshine. Headed down a lovely double palm tree lined road from the hotel towards the port and the new marina that is been constructed. Noticed an incredible number of people in uniforms of various hues. Haven't seen that many people in uniform since my last S&M party :)

Only bit that spoiled an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable run was an incident with a rotund security guard who wouldn't let me run up along the road of the new constructed marina business park. I pretended that I didn't understand him and tried to keep going as the alternative was to cross over a busy dual carriageway. I must be in worse shape than I thought as this rotund auld lad managed to get the jump on me by getting in front of me, spreading his arms and bringing me to a halt! Had a few words with him but ended up having to play logger to get the Bogger across to the other side.

Kept going down towards Hassan ll mosque, which is one of the biggest in the world, outside Mecca (I'm open to correction here). I think the Mosques minaret is also the tallest one in the world. The mosque itself juts out into the Atlantic at the end if the prom with the waves crashing against its 50 feet (my estimate) walls. It's a pretty impressive sight. Kept going down the prom a bit before turning back the way I came and childishly giving security guard of the year, the bird!!

Landed by in Heathrow terminal 4 around 5 dashed over to T1, but can't get a flight home to Dublin till 8.10 as the 6 & 7 were sold out. Very unusual, is there some big event in Dublin this weekend?

TbL

Cool story. Could be people coming over for the Great Ireland Run?

drquirky wrote: »
    Cool story. Could be people coming over for the Great Ireland Run?

Ok, thanks Q, the 7.10 just left completely full, I was on standby and another woman got the jump seat.

She wasn't a runner though, unless the Great Ireland Run, incorporates a shot put competition :)

At least I'm on the 8.10, that's now full as well!

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Admit it, you don't really travel, your just at home looking at holiday mags making up destinations! :)

Admit it, you don't really travel, your just at home looking at holiday mags making up destinations! :)

I wish, as a consequence the outline planning permission I had from the missus for the Conn marathon was revoked, have to bring the kids to a Fheis. Hoping to do the race directors marathon in the morning instead.

Have been told by work that travel is gonna get heavier over the next 6 months!!

You gonna collect me from the airport at 9.30 AMK, we could do a romantic run in the park tonight, keep you on your toes for Sunday :)

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

its been said here many a time - fair play for keeping the running going while travelling. Safe home.

Tnx AMK,

View from seat 13A, attached :)

TbL

• Advertisement

Well I don't know what to say, This log is getting as interesting/crazy as Stazza s:P Bad luck on the planning permission. I have a nice recipe for tangine should you wish to recreate it!

Advertisement