Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Jaysus SfM don't lump me into the same category as that auld lad Stazza, sure he's as mad as a box of badgers with TB:)

Never had tangine before yesterday, have you cooked it?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

the outline planning permission I had from the missus for the Conn marathon was revoked,

TbL

That's a pity, i was looking forward to stories from the 4 corners of the planet

...on the up side though, my drop bags should be safe.:)

Enjoy the directors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Jaysus SfM don't lump me into the same category as that auld lad Stazza, sure he's as mad as a box of badgers with TB:)

Never had tangine before yesterday, have you cooked it?

TbL
    I have made it with beef, I hate lamb. Its easy to make as long as you measure out all your spices first. Was your chin up bar still there on your return?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

I wish, as a consequence the outline planning permission I had from the missus for the Conn marathon was revoked, have to bring the kids to a Fheis. Hoping to do the race directors marathon in the morning

Jaysus I might as well just stay in Dublin so. The disappointment of not getting to meet The Infamous Bitter Lemon on the start line tomorrow has knocked my mojo right off:)

Enjoy the run today and more importantly enjoy the Fheis tomorrow!!

Got home just after midnight last night, the missus was still up and I got the all clear for the Conn Race Directors.

Was tired when I got up this morning but it's only 20 min drive to Peacocks from the house so, I didn't have to get up mad early.

Got to Peacocks around 9 and met up with all the old regulars, the piss pulling was mighty. I was asked was I there to help hand out the water, was I going to the mart, was I pacing the first 10k, was I the on course masseur :) etc etc.

Dave Brady was there doing his 366th marathon! He plans to run 100 in 2014. He's a mighty man, he's in his sixties and has run sub 3 in his time.

Around 30 runners boarded the bus to the start.

Started just after 10 and settled into an easy first mile pace, started to pick it up and was soon 4th, caught the guy in 3rd around mile 5 and hit the front around mile 9. The strategy at this stage was to run MP +15seconds for 18 miles and then walk/jog the last few miles. Weather was perfect with a bit of a breeze and very light mist and I was feeling good and being competitive I thought I might as well press on and win the tin pot race.

Hit the half way in 1.39.25, found the climb after that fairly tough.

Found the hell of the west hill very hard and the last mile seemed to go on forever.

Stopped the watch at 3.18:56, and 1st place:)

Official time was 3.18:58, very happy with that run and felt like I had a small bit left in the tank.

Thanks to Iain and Vincent who gave up their day, to undertake the thankless task of supporting the runners on the course, they were brilliant.

I'll post a link to the results once they are up.

Best of luck to Ferris & FBOT tomorrow, give it socks and enjoy it lads.

Splits:

1. 8.25
    2. 7.56
    4. 7.45
    5. 7.08
    6. 7.35
    7. 7.43
    8. 7.28
    9. 7.27
    10. 6.52
    11. 6.57
    12. 7.22
    13. 7.21
    14. 7.49
    15. 8.02
    16. 7.14
    17. 7.19
    18. 7.25
    19. 7.39
    20. 7.29
    21. 7.19
    22. 7.18
    23. 7.43
    24. 8.28
    25. 7.18
    26. 7.07
    0.43 3.02

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Oh ya sure what else would you be doing on a Saturday only winning a marathon you only decided to run yesterday :rolleyes:

Congrats :D

Oh ya sure what else would you be doing on a Saturday only winning a marathon you only decided to run yesterday :rolleyes:

Congrats :D

Tnx C_M,

The reality is somewhat different, in that the majority of the other lads/lassies are running again tomorrow.

Still, happy with that, the legs feel good and hopefully it'll help with a decent result in Limerick.

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I have no idea what's going on here and I may have slipped into some kind of twilight zone. If this is reality, then well done!

Great running, judging by the splits your course management etc was spot on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Was Ruthann missing or something? ;)

I'm getting the feeling that some are starting to think, I'm more Walter Mitty than Austin Powers :)

Do I have to post a picture of my passport with the Moroccan entry/exit visa stamps?

I'll post the race results link when it's up, and the ugly accompanying photos if I must!

Might all sound overboard, but it's all 100% genuine, I'd be a right sad git to be going to the trouble of dreaming up this ****e just to keep a running log going.

TbL

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Was Ruthann missing or something? ;)

Fock you Meno :)

Ya see was missing, but I would have taken her anyway (not in the biblical sense!)

Second home was another woman, kept looking over my shoulder on Hell of the West as I didn't want to be chicked (and posting it on here) in the last two miles

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm getting the feeling that some are starting to think, I'm more Walter Mitty than Austin Powers :)

Do I have to post a picture of my passport with the Moroccan entry/exit visa stamps?

I'll post the race results link when it's up, and the ugly accompanying photos if I must!

Might all sound overboard, but it's all 100% genuine, I'd be a right sad git to be going to the trouble of dreaming up this ****e just to keep a running log going.

TbL

That's not what I was getting at anyway!! I just thinks it's funny deciding to run... and win a marathon at the drop of a hat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Congrats TbL, amazing performance. Really putting it up to me now!

Second home was another woman, kept looking over my shoulder on Hell of the West as I didn't want to be chicked (and posting it on here) in the last two miles

TbL

Who was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Gavlor wrote: »
    That's not what I was getting at anyway!! I just thinks it's funny deciding to run... and win a marathon at the drop of a hat!!
    Me too. Sorry if it came across any other way :)

Who was that?

Gillian, something Meno.

She must be new, coz I didn't recognise her.

I think she's from the North, one of the lads told me she ran Omagh half last week in 1.33.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Sacred heart, I'm impressed, fair play to you! We will give you a pass for a night off from the chin up s tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Haters gonna hate tbl. I'm loving the log. Class result today fantastic running - must feel amazing winning a mara- congrats!!!!!

Gillian, something Meno.

She must be new, coz I didn't recognise her.

I think she's from the North, one of the lads told me she ran Omagh half last week in 1.33.

TbL

Yeah I thought as much, seen her around the EOI series. Good runner, but saying that either she was way behind you or had a great race (or else the course was short :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Super stuff TbL.
    You were due a big result.
    Enjoy the celebrations ;-)

• Advertisement

drquirky wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate tbl. I'm loving the log. Class result today fantastic running - must feel amazing winning a mara- congrats!!!!!

Tnx Q,

Winning was nice, but TBH, I was more impressed and satisfied with my performance. When I saw a sub 3.20 was on I was delighted that the legs had enough left over the last few miles.

I really enjoyed the social side of the run today and briefly thought about going back to multis but the feeling of running 7.15-7.30 over Connemara was fantastic. I'd give up all my marathons for a sub 3, and I'm gonna give it my best shot (might never do it, but gotta try)

The log might be straying too far away from running, for some people's tastes, but I enjoy writing it, and it motivates me and pushes me on.

I'll see you in Limerick, but hopefully only briefly at the start :)

TbL

Yeah I thought as much, seen her around the EOI series. Good runner, but saying that either she was way behind you or had a great race (or else the course was short :pac:)

Maybe a mile or so behind Meno, but the fecker in the car was telling me she was catching me!

If the course was short then they are all focked tomorrow :)

TbL

I'll see you in Limerick, but hopefully only briefly at the start :)

TbL

That's good to hear.
    I think you are in sub 3:10 shape if you can sun 3:18 in Conn with something in the tank given your preparation.
    If you are staying up in Limerick on the Sunday night there will be a good few pacers and boards celebs out for the night.....would be great if you could join us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Big congrats TbL. Didn't even know you were doing it. Thought you were in Casablanca like yesterday:confused:
    You're some lemon I'll give you that:D
    Well done. Lovin the log.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Great stuff TbL - congratulations on the win. You're some man for the racing, inspirational really.

That's good to hear.
    I think you are in sub 3:10 shape if you can sun 3:18 in Conn with something in the tank given your preparation.
    If you are staying up in Limerick on the Sunday night there will be a good few pacers and boards celebs out for the night.....would be great if you could join us.

Tnx Meno, appreciate the vote of confidence.

Really determined to get the 3.10.

I apply for planning permission on the Sunday night of Limerick, would be good to put a face to some of the others on here.

I think I know your face from before though and I know all about you, AMK briefed me :)

TbL

I know all about you, AMK briefed me :)

TbL

:eek:
    Don't believe a word of what that fecker said :pac: Would you trust a man who changes his name more often that you run marathons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Good running, TBL. Nice win.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Great running TBL. Sub 3:20 is a fierce impressive performance on a random Saturday morning. Looking forward to see what's to come from Limerick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Given your recent exploits, that's impressive running - congrats. You're looking good for an excellent run in Limerick.

Advertisement