Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boggers Log

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

Exactly 530m would be a rough approximation of distance covered at 6 min pace so if you were just coming off the bend on the far side of where you started than you were there abouts with regards oace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ECOLII wrote: »
    Garmin paces on a track won't correlate correctly anyway so I wouldn't worry still get a gold star for the session :D

Booooo! :pac:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Nice session TbL. Saved the best one for the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Nice numbers being posted there, TbL. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

The plan today called for 4/7 easy miles am/pm. Was gonna be very busy today and working again later this evening so I decided to just do the 7 miles easy over a rolling route. Beautiful morning for a run, crisp and dry with no wind and a backdrop of the 12 Pins mountains capped with snow.

Puttered along nicely and ended up doing 11 miles at 8.05 pace.

The rectus thingy has subsided considerably but the right hip flexor is giving me a bit of jip, time to visit my sadistic masseuse :)

TbL

Today the plan called for a 2 mile wu/cd and 5 x 1 mile @ 6.35 pace off 90 seconds recovery.

Got an early morning massage before work and the groin and hip flexor were tender afterwards but the muscles felt a lot better/looser.

Was originally gonna do this later this evening but Mrs TbL is on the sauce tonight so headed up to the UCG pitches at lunch time to try and get this done. Wasn't sure how this was gonna pan out as I was still a little delicate from the massage. Got a 3 mile warm up in around the pitches in lovely running weather, hardly a puff of win around and then I headed up to the track. Measured out the extra bit so that I'd hit the mile exactly. Tried a bit harder to hit the required splits but again I was a bit all over the place. Pace management doesn't appear to be my forte! Was surprised by this session as I expected it to be a bigger effort but I was reasonably ok throughout, the first one felt like the hardest of the lot. Maybe things are starting to knit together at last.

Only had time for a mile cool down.

Mile split times:

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Nicely done TbL

That's very good going after a massage to boot! The auld body must be pretty resiliant.

Plan today called for a 4 mile Nursing Home Special.

I had the two young lads in town most of the day and by the time I got home in the evening I decided to let laziness take hold, hit the couch and can the run.

Checked my e mails and had one from coach setting out next weeks plan and telling me that I'd a good couple of weeks done and to try and keep the consistency going! FFS where's my gear! Got my arse of the couch and got 4 slow miles done locally.

Have 15 miles steady to do tomorrow, that should be interesting!

Some inspirational racing by Boardsies today and all the best to everyone racing tomorrow,

TbL

• Advertisement

Today the plan called for 15 miles steady.

Had hoped to kill this one off early this morning but there was heavy fog around and I didn't get out till after 12.

Picked a rolling route to keep it honest but without to many hills.

Felt decent throughout and felt like I could have kept going, I've struggled towards the end of my last few longer runs so happy with that.

Only 60 miles this week but I had more quality so all in all a good week.

Splits:

TbL

Plan today called for a 4 mile Nursing Home Special.

Got another pre work massage to try and iron out the remaining stubborn stiffness and got out after work to get the run done.

Nice stretch in the evening now and that's great for Boggers as I won't need the head torch as much. (Doesn't effect ye big schmoke merchants as much running under the city letric!)

First time in ages that I've done a recovery run and haven't felt like I was in the throes of rigor mortis :)

Got 5 miles done @ 9.27

Entered the Bohermeen half

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Entered the Bohermeen half

TbL

Meno Vs TbL - the prequel ;)

You're a competitive auld lemon - I'll give you that:)

Bulmers74 wrote: »

Stop your muck stirrin! I'll take the bait ...

...At least all my linen is out for public view J, we'd need MI6 to find out what that lad has been up to :)

And although it doesn't look like it, I'm probably giving him 10 years!

TbL

Nah, it's just his coach is copying my training plan ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    Nah, it's just his coach is copying my training plan ;)

Level playing pitch so - no excuses;)
    I'm sure the young Turk has a few tricks salty balls has never even dreamt of ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Another big boards showdown in Bohermeen.
    Someone else can do the preview/handicap/odds this time........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Some of us should get very generous odds based on doing no distance work at all this year.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Another big boards showdown in Bohermeen.
    Someone else can do the preview/handicap/odds this time........

I've some nice new gear so if it's dressage or some crap like that, I'd have a chance. I'll leave the racing to the thoroughbreds :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

I've some nice new gear so if it's dressage or some crap like that, I'd have a chance. I'll leave the racing to the thoroughbreds :)

TbL

Sorry I am in Ballycotton that day:)

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Sorry I am in Ballycotton that day:)

Jezus look what one half decent trot at an aul parkrun does to some people :)

TbL

• Advertisement

Plan today called for 9 miles steady. As I'm heading to London today I had to get this one in early or I'd have had to try it on the treadmill later in the hotel. (I can barely manage shorty easy runs on the treadmill don't mind steady!)

Despite my legs feeling better than they have in weeks, surprisingly my head and heart weren't really up for this (still recovering from the trauma of CM's retort over on her place :)) and after a couple of slow miles I resigned myself to running outside of my steady pace range.

After 3 slower miles the pace improved and I held it fairly steady to the end and given the slow start was happy with the way it finished.

Did a half mile shuffle cool down for 9.5 miles total.

Splits:

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Ah now sweetcheeks, don't be blaming me for your inconsistent splits ....... What will people think? :eek:

Ah now sweetcheeks, don't be blaming me for your inconsistent splits ....... What will people think? :eek:

Haha Madam Dora!

However at my age I should be more worried about incontinence spits than inconsistent splits :)

TbL

Monday pm: I'm in a warehouse hotel beside Gatwick airport and decided to do 4 miles very easy on the hotel treadmill. The "gym" is a small room near the car park with no natural light or air and it's very stuffy. No tv or music to distract you so the 4 miles seemed to take forever watching the luminous dots on the treadmill screen.

Tuesday: plan called for 4/8 miles easy am/pm. Back down to the gym before 5am for this, same crap, different day, 4 miles very easy.

Heading to Dublin tonight so hopefully I'll get a chance to get the 8 miles done.

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Same crap, different day is right TbL:D

I didn't realise London was 24 hours behind or else that was a serious triple yesterday!

Same crap, different day is right TbL:D

I didn't realise London was 24 hours behind or else that was a serious triple yesterday!

Haha NE, your not the best with time or alarms :)

3 runs over 24 hours but two different days!

TbL

Today is Wednesday - right??

Today is Wednesday - right??

Ah FFS, I'm all over the place :)

Tnx J, apologies NE and here I had the audacity to be slagging you about time!

In my defence I'm getting aulder.

TbL

Plan today called for a pm easy 8 miles.
    Flew into Dublin this evening and unusually the plane was a fair bit early.

Long day today and I didn't really have any motivation to run, got to the hotel around 7 and got a room upgrade, was gonna cosy up on the bed with the tray of complimentary chocolates but begrudgingly I put on the gear and grumbled my way out the door. Probably wouldn't have bothered but the magically mystery sessions continue tomorrow and I didn't want to be making excuses why I wimped out!

Staying in Stephens Green so I headed up by the canal and followed the Luas line till I hit 4 miles and turned. Got 8 miles in @ 8.19. Total for day 12.

Have to try and get all the runs in as I might be travelling a fair bit more with work over the next 3 weeks. Today I luckily narrowly avoided the short straw of a week in Chennai in India!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Plan today called for a pm easy 8 miles.
    Flew into Dublin this evening and unusually the plane was a fair bit early.

Long day today and I didn't really have any motivation to run, got to the hotel around 7 and got a room upgrade, was gonna cosy up on the bed with the tray of complimentary chocolates but begrudgingly I put on the gear and grumbled my way out the door. Probably wouldn't have bothered but the magically mystery sessions continue tomorrow and I didn't want to be making excuses why I wimped out!

Staying in Stephens Green so I headed up by the canal and followed the Luas line till I hit 4 miles and turned. Got 8 miles in @ 8.19. Total for day 12.

Have to try and get all the runs in as I might be travelling a fair bit more with work over the next 3 weeks. Today I luckily narrowly avoided the short straw of a week in Chennai in India!

TbL

:eek::eek::eek:

More :D:D Have you any idea of how many air mile you put up a year?? I'd say it might a lot :D

• Advertisement

martyboy48 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

More :D:D Have you any idea of how many air mile you put up a year?? I'd say it might a lot :D

Haha Marty, I'm on first name terms with the air hostesses on the London route at this stage :)

TbL

Today the magical mystery tour continued with a visit to Tymon Park.

I usually dread these sessions coz they tend to hurt!

When Salmon Eile appeared at his front door I briefly mistook him for Rudolph Nureyev coz he was wearing very tight tights :)

If an indigenous Bogger appeared outdoors like that the local Sheriff would have you done for public indecency :)

I was relieved to hear that the session didn't involve the splits or pirouettes but rather 2.7 miles @ MP, 1 km steady, 2 .7 miles @ MP.

After a 2 miles warm up we started the first MP segment, I couldn't believe how hard I was struggling at the beginning and thought I'd never finish the session. Gradually got into it and settled down. The second MP segment felt a lot more comfortable and I was told to reign it in a bit towards the end as the sessions objective was a MP effort.

Finished feeling pretty ok so very happy with that, feel like I'm in good shape with over 9 weeks to Boston. The pace for the steady km didn't drop down to dramatically either.

Kept an eye out for the Turd & Grasshopper on one of their ninja training sessions but again no confirmed sightings :)

Finished with 1.5 cool down, for 9.5 miles in total.

Splits:

Rep 1: 6.45, 6.38, 6.40 (pace for the .7)
    Steady km: 7.10
    Rep 2: 6.49, 6.40, 6.36

TbL

Did you do that session as laps oy Tymon?
    I did a very similar session there on Tuesday night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

When Salmon Eile appeared at his front door I briefly mistook him for Rudolph Nureyev coz he was wearing very tight tights :)

If an indigenous Bogger appeared outdoors like that the local Sheriff would have you done for public indecency :)

TbL

As they say in the weather forum - Pictures or we don't believe you ;)

Did you do that session as laps oy Tymon?
    I did a very similar session there on Tuesday night :rolleyes:

Yep Meno,

1 big lap around the park with the steady km on a smaller lap around the "lake"

How did your ninja session go?

TbL

Yep Meno,

1 big lap around the park with the steady km on a smaller lap around the "lake"

How did your ninja session go?

TbL

No ninjas were involved!!
    I do an MP 'temposih' session every tuesday which fits in well with the club tempo run. I don't get a personal guide though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

I don't get a personal guide though :o

You get access to the RER calculator though as part of your coaching package as far as I am aware ;)

ECOLII wrote: »
    You get access to the RER calculator though as part of your coaching package as far as I am aware ;)

It's a fair point. TRR told me according to his RER calculator my tempo splits around tymon were equal to a 1:47 marathon...

It's a fair point. TRR told me according to his RER calculator my tempo splits around tymon were equal to a 1:47 HALF marathon...

:)

TbL

• Advertisement

Today the plan called for the 4 mile Nursing Home special.

Got 4 miles done before work nice and easy @ 9.48.

Got another massage at lunchtime and she was digging so much into my groin I thought she was trying to plant daffodils :) At one point she slipped of a spasming muscle and very nearly did damage! John Thomas got the fright of his life and sounded the full retreat bugle, the one piece of equipment I never thought I'd require for a massage was a cricket cup :)

Did 4 miles very easy to shake out the legs after work.

Total miles 8

TbL

Plan today called for 4/9 miles easy am/pm.

Today called for some logistics planning to get the runs in as Mrs TbL and eldest daughter were having a day and overnight girlie bonding session.

Got up early enough and switched the runs around getting 8 miles in @ 8.18 before breakfast coz I had the two younger lads and wasn't sure that I'd get a pm run in!

Brought them to the cinema and the choice was either 50 Shades of Grey or Shaun the Sheep. The middle lad said he'd seen 50 Shades on a pirate download so Shaun the Sheep it was :)

Had to do some serious juggling and conniving to get the pm run, got 4 miles in @ 7.58, but ended up with an 11 year old nephew for a sleepover for my trouble. I won't be running early tomorrow!

12 miles for the day happy with that given the circumstances

TbL

Plan called for 20 miles LR.

Couldn't get out this morning as I'd my two young lads and their cousin to mind. Didn't think I was gonna get out till very late tonight and I hate running late as I find it hard to sleep afterwards. Around 2pm Mrs TbL was coming out of town and we met in the petrol station in Spiddal where I handed over the three, changed quickly into the gear and ran into Salthill prom along the Spidal Road and back. I said two weeks ago that I wouldn't do this route again as it's terrible. Narrow cut up paths, cars zipping by and I was getting constantly splashed but I figured that it was better than starting a LR at 9pm!

The groin was good till about mile 16 and it then started to slightly throb but it's much better than it has been and I think it's on the mend.

Finished this week with just over 80 miles and at last I'm starting to see some positive movement on the weight loss.

20 miles @ 8.04

Splits:

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Nice running and a strong finish too. You are flying these days.

+1 Great running, especially on that road. Lookin' good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Great long run and very impressive mileage considering all the travel! Making me guilty with my measly 50 mile weeks..

Giving me the kick up the ass I need just in time before i see the PB boat sail away into the distance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

The groin was good till about mile 16 and it then started to slightly throb but it's much better than it has been and I think it's on the mend.

Lovely image, thanks :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I said two weeks ago that I wouldn't do this route again as it's terrible. Narrow cut up paths, cars zipping by and I was getting constantly splashed but I figured that it was better than starting a LR at 9pm!

Amen to that. You should try the back roads around the windfarms. Nice hills and a lot less traffic.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Lovely image, thanks :P

Haha Paulie,

I had initially written that the groin issue had reared its ugly head, but I thought that conjured up some unpleasant imagery :)

TbL

Today called for a 4 mile nursing home special.

As I reckon I'm gonna leak some miles over the next two weeks due to work travel, I had hoped to get a double recovery in today.

A very early start with work this morning put paid to that and a serious case of pissedoffness almost caused me to can the run this evening.

Only managed 3.2 miles @ 10.17

TbL

Today the plan called for a bit of a session, 5/4/3 miles at easy/steady/pmp.

I knew yesterday that I wouldn't have time to get this done this morning and I was travelling to Dublin in the afternoon, hate running any type of session in the dark as I'm so short sighted I find I expend to much effort watching my foot placement and can never seem to hit the planned pace.

Away again tomorrow so I couldn't really afford to miss this session and I didn't know of any decent well light route to do this on. Double D, Duannington very kindly agreed to be my escort on this and I waited like a hooker in a high viz vest outside Pearce Station for him.

Traffic was a bit mad and I was all over the place trying to avoid cars, bikes and pedestrians, DD told me to think of them as big sheep and cows and I was grand after that :) We headed out on the seafront to Clontarf for the easy miles and had a great chat and before I knew it we had done the 5 easy. I think we passed Yaboya but he seemed to be in the zone and glided by us in the opposite direction. Was enjoying the run at this stage and the pace was dipping below my steady pace. DD is in savage nick and he's gonna have some spectacular race results in the coming months. A train crossing meant we had to double back a bit and resulted in us doing an extra steady mile. We headed back onto the seafront pathway and what wind there was was slightly against us, we also had to contend with some lunatic who looked like he wanted to fight us and actually lashed out at DD! Truth be told the pace at this stage wasn't as easy as I thought it should be and I was starting to struggle. DD was continuing to chat away without any bother whereas I was conversing like a lad you'd see in the chipper on a Saturday night, after a dozen pints and with half a burger in his mouth and the other half on his shirt.
    Told DD to push on for the last bit and he effortlessly flew ahead.

Finished with 2.5 miles warm down to bring the total to 15.5 miles.

Thanks for the hospitality DD you're a gent and I wouldn't have got the session done without you.

Splits for steady/PMP:

TbL

• Advertisement
Advertisement