Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boggers Log

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Seriously impressive stuff - to step off a long distance flight and do a 22 mile run at that pace, and in them conditions:eek:. Respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Seriously impressive stuff - to step off a long distance flight and do a 22 mile run at that pace, and in them conditions:eek:. Respect

Tnx TJ,

I hadn't many miles in the legs this week and Bulmers dragged me along and I definitely felt I had to get it done. Off to bed shortly for a 10 hour kip! Sorry if no photos for you today :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Tom Joad wrote: »

+1 to this. I can barely string a sentence together and usually look like some of walking zombie after a long haul flight - fair play, impressive dedication there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CeilingBoater

Kudos to u TbL. Impressive you could manage to do the 22 miles on those times right off the plane. You were missed in Bogotá today though. You got to try do a long run at this altitudes! CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Holy jebus -- 22 miles off the plane? Some welcome home. Well done to you (and Bulmers too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Great run Sunday. I can testify conditions where shall we say character building. Jesus Bulmers is doing some mileage

Ya, take it easy FFS. Ye're making the rest of us look bad. :pac:

I think only Ray Lanagan and Krusty are ahead of him in the 1000 miles challenge!!

Murph we gotta hook up soon, I need someone to experience my Mexican man hug :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Few days spent in the drug capital of the world & he steps off a plane and runs 22 miles, whats the number for WADA?? Seriously impressive stuff TbL, long may it continue for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I think only Ray Lanagan and Krusty are ahead of him in the 1000 miles challenge!!

Murph we gotta hook up soon, I need someone to experience my Mexican man hug :)

TbL

careful now...

• Advertisement

Today the plan called for a 4 mile Nursing Home Special.

I was on a day off today but spent most of the day working from home :(

Eventually got out just after 4pm for a local loop, the legs didn't feel too bad after yesterday and I managed to get out in what was probably the sunniest/driest part of the day!

I'm hoping to seriously rein in the work travel for the next 5 weeks to give myself the best possible chance of hitting my target.

Got a MP session tomorrow that should give me an indication of where I'm at.

4 miles at recovery pace

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

What time are you targeting on Sunday?

*For those who want a proper idea, subtract three minutes from whatever he answers :D

yaboya1 wrote: »
    What time are you targeting on Sunday?

*For those who want a proper idea, subtract three minutes from whatever he answers :D

Haha P, funny man :)

I'd like to get within 30 seconds of Meno!

This is one that I genuinely have no idea as I've no races done. I don't feel like I'm in the same form that I was in for Longford last August.

I will be disappointed if I don't average 6.45 pace as this is around PMP, I hope to go through half way around that average pace and reassess from there.

Hopefully I'll be within a mile of you :)

TbL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Evens-Sandbag-bunker.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Sub 1.25 it is so ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Haha P, funny man :)

I'd like to get within 30 seconds of Meno!

This is one that I genuinely have no idea as I've no races done. I don't feel like I'm in the same form that I was in for Longford last August.

I will be disappointed if I don't average 6.45 pace as this is around PMP, I hope to go through half way around that average pace and reassess from there.

Hopefully I'll be within a mile of you :)

TbL

Have you not seen the latest?
    Apparently I need to finish within 30 seconds of you to win the sidebet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

menoscemo wrote: »
    Have you not seen the latest?
    Apparently I need to finish within 30 seconds of you to win the sidebet....

:confused:

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Sub 1.25 it is so ;)

No chance, if I do that I'll donate €250 to PM's charity!!

Ye all said I was sandbagging for Amsterdam on a sub 3 and I ended up with a 3.09!!!!

The bookies are never wrong and I'm the outsider, the auld horse with a high weight handicap :)

TbL

ECOLII wrote: »
    :confused:

I see you have clarified that now, just something PM out up last week; grand I'll be concentrating on my own race, but if TbL is just behind with a mile or two to go this just might give me the motivation I need to push ahead. Now to find out what the focker looks like :P

I see you have clarified that now, just something PM out up last week; grand I'll be concentrating on my own race, but if TbL is just behind with a mile or two to go this just might give me the motivation I need to push ahead. Now to find out what the focker looks like :P

I'll get my coat so :D

• Advertisement

This is me Meno, keep looking over your shoulder :)

http://www.mudsweatandtears.co.uk//inc/img/upimages/3259.jpg

TbL

Plan today called for 3 x 2.5 miles @ MP [6.45-6.50] off 1k steady (7.10-7.15) with 2 miles wu/cd

I really need to work on my mental attitude/strength as I'd myself convinced that I'd fail on this, every excuse possible was washing through my head, I was tired, just done 22, didn't have Ecoli to hold my hand etc etc.

Decided to do this around the gravel track at Dangan around the football pitches.

Did 2 miles very easy and then got stuck in, I was surprised by how I felt, it wasn't easy but it wasn't too hard either. Got into a good rhythm and was able to keep it going. Only did half a mile steady instead of the 1k as this made it easier to manage on the garmin.

Most pleasing thing about this session was the consistency of the splits. One swallow doesn't make a summer but a positive small step forward.

Split paces

Set 1: 6.35, 6.34, 6.36
    Steady 7.16
    Set 2: 6.32, 6.34, 6.34
    Steady 7.14
    Set 3: 6.34, 6.30, 6.21

Finished with 1.31 mile cool down

Total miles for day 11.81

TbL

FFS you sandbagging bluffer :rolleyes:
    Go out at 6:45 pace on Sunday me hole :pac:

FFS you sandbagging bluffer :rolleyes:
    Go out at 6:45 pace on Sunday me hole :pac:

That's what I'll be doing my ninja friend, I refer you to my sessions last week!

Also if I'm sandbagging I'm not very good at it as I'd have limped around this session!!

I'm a tight fecker and as I said yesterday I'll donate an extra €250 if I go sub 1.25, that should tell you what you need to know.

Your turn to come clean, what's your target apart from taking me down :)

TbL

That's what I'll be doing my ninja friend, I refer you to my sessions last week!

Also if I'm sandbagging I'm not very good at it as I'd have limped around this session!!

I'm a tight fecker and as I said yesterday I'll donate an extra €250 if I go sub 1.25, that should tell you what you need to know.

TbL

Haha, I'll just be running my own race but I think our targets are close (i.e. faster than 6:45 pace :p). my PB is 1:26, would love to go under that but won't be by much.
    Just saying there is a big difference between 6;30 pace and 6:45 pace!! I know you'll be starting at the former, not the latter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

TbL

Don't suppose now is the best time to point out you have made the biggest donation to date ;) (Thanks again btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

TbL
    Haha, I'll just be running my own race but I think our targets are close (i.e. faster than 6:45 pace :p). my PB is 1:26, would love to go under that but won't be by much.
    Just saying there is a big difference between 6;30 pace and 6:45 pace!! I know you'll be starting at the former, not the latter!!

I don't believe either of you. TbL is knocking out fantastic sessions since coming back from Mexico and Meno was looking as fit as I've ever seen him at the 5k on Sunday ;) I'm sure you're both very good poker players!

Plan today called for 4/7 miles easy am/pm.

Got a massage early this morning before work and the legs were tender afterwards.

Headed up to Dangan to get some easy miles in around the pitches at lunch time.

Lots of runners about so I have to be a lot more circumspect when it comes to my auld man belchin, gassin, and general ass and bag scratching :)

Got 8 miles done nice and easy.

Only just finished work so it's unlikely that I'll get out for the second run.

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

auld man belchin, gassin, and general ass and bag scratching :)

you are an artist of the written word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

auld man belchin

think that was my cousin.............

Plan today called for a 4 mile Nursing Home Special. Finished work around 5pm and did this down around Rossaveal port. It was fairly windy out there and hopefully it'll die down for everyone racing this weekend.

When I got home I got coerced into playing a soccer match against 3 eight year olds! Got a few strides done, chasing down the little feckers :) Lost 3-2!

Got 5 miles done @ 9.23

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Plan today called for a 4 mile Nursing Home Special. Finished work around 5pm and did this down around Rossaveal port. It was fairly windy out there and hopefully it'll die down for everyone racing this weekend.

When I got home I got coerced into playing a soccer match against 3 eight year olds! Got a few strides done, chasing down the little feckers :) Lost 3-2!

Got 5 miles done @ 9.23

TbL

Ffs, stay away from the soccer till after Boston - you travel the world running in all kinds of weird & wonderful places & the most dangerous place could be your garden - don't pull anything :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck tomorrow TbL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

All the best for tomorrow man.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm sure your set for a good run tomorrow, hopefully the weather plays ball!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Go get Meno 'em :D*

*not my fault you don't keep a log. Would've said the same to you :pac:

Best of luck, C. Do it for the aul lads.

Best of luck tomorrow. Will see you there 😊

Good luck tomorrow, TbL... knock 'em dead! I have money on you, i think, but completely confused about whether you or meno has to win after the various 'typo's'.

either way, hope you have a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Murph_D wrote: »
    Best of luck, C. Do it for the aul lads.

+1 have a good one....give it socks and of course, ENJOY!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Netwerk_Errer

All the best chief! Have a gud un:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Good luck tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Good luck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Best of luck With the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Best of luck old man! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Cool runnings chief!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Best of luck, I have complete faith in you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck this morning sandbagger C.
    See you down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Well done today. Another brick in the wall.

Great result, TbL... good on ya!

• Advertisement
Advertisement