Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boggers Log

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

I think you did the auld fellas proud today, well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Nice job on the aul Mo Farah sit and kick win in the head to head! :pac:

Brilliant to put a face to the name too, you're a spring chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Wonderful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Great run TBL, you are going great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Netwerk_Errer

Top stuff today TbL! Cracking run

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

you da man. nice one. well earned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Nicely done today auld fella ;)- great running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Well done today TbL, plenty of life in the Connemara pony yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

ger664 wrote: »
    Well done today. Another brick in the wall.

Thanks Ger, shoulda gone with the heart ;) hope your training is going well.
    annapr wrote: »
    Great result, TbL... good on ya!

Tnx Anna, those extra sessions along Clontarf prom paid dividends!
    Dubgal72 wrote: »
    I think you did the auld fellas proud today, well done!

Haha Dubgal, the auld man stair lift will be in full time use this week! Got a high 5 from MarthaS for my auld man exploits, my hand still hurts :)
    Nice job on the aul Mo Farah sit and kick win in the head to head! :pac:

Brilliant to put a face to the name too, you're a spring chicken!

Hey OP, nice to meet you today and great running, smashing time, sets you up nicely for London. Spring chicken my ass, I just had my new teeth in, waxed my forehead and used the wife's foundation for a general touch up :)
    Wonderful stuff.

Well done yourself CJ, you've come on in leaps and bounds in a short period of time.
    paddybarry wrote: »
    Great run TBL, you are going great.

Hey PB, tnx and nice to see you back, hope you're back running
    Top stuff today TbL! Cracking run

Hi NE, tnx, my first race of 2015 and was happy enough, tough enough conditions out there, likely we'll meet at a race soon given your racing schedule!
    Ferris B wrote: »
    you da man. nice one. well earned.

Ah C, great to see you back at it, M says your going really well, we'll have to hook up for another of Teddys ice creams
    Tom Joad wrote: »
    Nicely done today auld fella ;)- great running.

Tnx J, apologies today, I didn't mean to blank you, hardly recognised you without your clothes :) and with you looking so lean. Well done on the PB today but the way you've been going lately that was a racing certainty!

Really enjoyed the buzz of that.

Nice to meet Q at the start and it's a pity an injury has put paid to his Boston PB attempt.

TbL

• Advertisement

STUD!!!!

FFS Tang :)

Pity I didn't remember to pull up the compression socks that I wore specifically for the race!

TbL

FFS Tang :)

Pity I didn't remember to pull up the compression socks that I wore specifically for the race!

TbL

Now me bo!!ix, where is this weight your carrying, on your knee-cap!! As much respect as i have for the loud mouth Tyrone man, great to see a Galway man beating him.

tang1 wrote: »
    Now me bo!!ix, where is this weight your carrying, on your knee-cap!! As much respect as i have for the loud mouth Tyrone man, great to see a Galway man beating him.

My arse T, it's so big the guy in orange behind me nearly tripped over it!

Also instinctive reaction to suck in me gut when I see a camera :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

You re fading away on us, you better go get a magnum quick! Well done today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

STUD!!!!

Lookin' good! Bit of a Burt Lancaster thing going on there. :)

Well done on the race today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Well done C - a lean, mean bitter, running machine - smashing run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

STUD!!!!

Agreed looking hot sweet cheeks ;)

Great run yesterday well done :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well done on yesterday. Sounds like it was tough conditions out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Nice work at the weekend. I knew you would take meno handy! ;)

What are your thoughts on Boston now at the moment? Positive?

I'm only asking so I know what I have to train for..I don't want you to be waiting for me at the finish line.. :pac: Ha.

blockic wrote: »
    Nice work at the weekend. I knew you would take meno handy! ;)

What are your thoughts on Boston now at the moment? Positive?

I'm only asking so I know what I have to train for..I don't want you to be waiting for me at the finish line.. :pac: Ha.

Hey Blockic,

As I was going around I was a bit pissed off, struggled to get into a decent rhythm early enough, I found the second lap a bit easier and finished strong and on reflection it was a decent run in conditions that weren't ideal.

I've run faster in Longford but if I was to use the Turds RER I'd say yesterday was a better run. The time wouldn't suggest a sub 3 but I've never been great at the shorter stuff and by the time Boston comes around I hope to be stronger again so I'll be going for the sub 3!

Hope your groin niggle is sorting itself out.

TbL

• Advertisement

Turds RER? What might that be?

Agreed looking hot sweet cheeks ;)

Great run yesterday well done :D

You should have seen me 3 decades ago Dora, smokin :)

Tnx

TbL

Murph_D wrote: »
    Turds RER? What might that be?

Race Equivalent Rating/Ranking, it's some sort of made up metric to incorporate all the I coulda/woulda/shoulda variables!

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Race Equivalent Rating/Ranking, it's some sort of made up metric to incorporate all the I coulda/woulda/shoulda variables!

TbL

I think the official RER on that course was -2:04 TbL, so we are both sub 1:25 half runners now :pac:
    Are we gonna get a race report?

Plan today called for a 4 mile nursing home special, I had planned to extend this to the nursing home Friday dance night special, 6 miles, but once I started I wanted to stop. The legs were grand last night but they were dead and heavy today so I left it at the 4 miles at 9.43 pace.

Despite my best efforts to restrict work travel I got called to London at short notice for tomorrow so tomorrow's mileage is in jeopardy as I'm gone early till late. Hoping to getting something done tomorrow night as I don't want mileage drift to start setting in

TbL

menoscemo wrote: »
    I think the official RER on that course was -2:04 TbL, so we are both sub 1:25 half runners now :pac:
    Are we gonna get a race report?

Haha Meno, cool.

I'll try and cobble something together on the plane tomorrow. How's the body today?

TbL

Haha Meno, cool.

I'll try and cobble something together on the plane tomorrow. How's the body today?

TbL

Not the worst at all, but could be worse again tomorrow!!
    Any more races scheduled or will that be it before Boston? I might do Mullingar Half next week as an MP run.
    Give me a shout if you need company for easy miles around dublin over the next few weeks....

Not the worst at all, but could be worse again tomorrow!!
    Any more races scheduled or will that be it before Boston? I might do Mullingar Half next week as an MP run.
    Give me a shout if you need company for easy miles around dublin over the next few weeks....

Tnx Meno,

I'll take you up on that.

I might do the Craughwell 10 miler on Sunday week, but between Mother's Day, communions and confirmations I'll need to militarily plan the rest of my LR's and weekend runs!

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Super work young man, great performance - that photo of you looks half the man I met last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

TbL

Couldn't have put it better myself :)

We'll done on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Nice to meet u on sunday Tbl

Yesterday: plan called for 4/7 easy miles am/pm.

I was in London all day and didn't get back till late last night, I had planned on getting 10 miles done but I was wrecked and staying in a different hotel, so I decided to tackle a rib eye steak with all the trimmings after 10pm instead!

Didn't get a great nights sleep and there was a printed sentence on the wall of my room that was a bit surreal... "And when I laid eyes on you I knew that my race was through..." Mick Flannery, Boston. FFS!

Today: plan called for another magical mystery tour with Coach, got completely lost today, google maps doesn't work properly in Dublin and as a result I was gonna be late for the first time ever, texted Coach and he told me that another few were joining the tour bus! Texted back saying that I didn't want to be the one holding every one up, he took it from a punctuality perspective I meant it from a lard ass dragging everyone back on the run perspective :)

Q and Dublin Runner were ready and waiting when I finally got there, lads were really sound about it and said they were happy to do the session at my planned paces. Session was to be 4,3,2,1 miles at PMP off 1 mile easy. After a bit of chat we got going, unfortunately Q's niggle flared up and he dropped out early on.

Boggers and city running can make uneasy bedfellows, throw in absolutely miserable weather and the uneasiness can rapidly be accentuated. Up and down uneven paths, across bus lanes and cycle lanes, auld wans with umbrellas trying to take your eye out, young wans with buggy trying to take your knee caps out, road works, builders, builders vans parked the aforementioned paths and lanes and puddles of unknown depts!! Didn't seem to effect the two city slickers, especially DR who just seemed to plough relentlessly through every obstacle, whereas I was reacting like I was in some adventure challenge.

The wind was a complete bitch and coupled with some drags I found this a tough session. We seemed to run 8 of the MP miles into the teeth of the wind, on the second mile of the two mile rep I had to work really hard over the last half mile to bring the pace back down from a fair bit over 7min pace. The last mile was one of the toughest I have ever run, it seemed like it was into a gale and after been blasted by one particular savage gust I almost stopped, if I was running solo I definitely would have walked my sorry ass back.

I'd love to be able to run with faster runners more often, the benefits are huge, psychologically you are prepared to hurt more and run further and faster than you would solo. Thanks to the lads for dragging me around, the effort on that session were high mentally and physically and will really stand to me.

Limped out of Ecolis door like a bow legged cowboy, hopefully none of his neighbours saw me or there'll be rumours :)

Stopped in the Applegreen on the way home and while standing in the queue for Burger King, the Turds sensitive and empathetic words of advice rang through my head ..."put down the burger fat boy". Walked away and had a chicken flatbread thing instead although I'd have probably got the same nutritional content if I munched on the styrofoam cup my coffee came in!

Splits from my Garmin:

15 miles for the day

TbL

Hope it's not a portent

That's some session so close to Sunday, you obviously recover quickly as I am still jogging around.

Are we not going to get that report? Curious to at least see your splits!!

ultraman1 wrote: »

Haha, I have a spare one of them and I'll get Ultraman1 printed on the back for you if you like!

You too A, I think I met you once before at the Kinnity marathon, but that was a long time ago, you'd lots more hair!

Congrats on your time, impressive especially for a lad that usually runs that sort of distance as his warm up miles:)

Enjoyed the banter on the cool down run and best of luck with whatever other madness you have planned.

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

ultraman1 wrote: »

Is that one of those Mexican hugs about to break out?

Hope it's not a portent

There's another line in that song that's a bit more optimistic:

"I ran around my time..."

Hopefully close enough anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Hope it's not a portent

A bit early for taper madness :rolleyes:

That's some session so close to Sunday, you obviously recover quickly as I am still jogging around.

Are we not going to get that report? Curious to at least see your splits!!

There you go Meno:

+ the bit

TbL

• Advertisement

Rock solid, boss.

I knew you flew the last mile, but that is some going on probably the hardest mile on the course (uphill straight into the wind with no cover).

Looks like you sat in 20 seconds behind all the way and then pulled a sniper job at the first sign of weakness :pac:

Murph_D wrote: »
    Rock solid, boss.

Tnx Murph, took a while to get going and wasn't happy at all on the first lap.
    I knew you flew the last mile, but that is some going on probably the hardest mile on the course (uphill straight into the wind with no cover).

Looks like you sat in 20 seconds behind all the way and then pulled a sniper job at the first sign of weakness :pac:

Tnx Meno

Up until mile 8 I didn't think I'd catch you at all, you were bashing out very consistent miles, up to then I was concentrating on getting within 30 seconds of you, the 6.20 odd mile closed the gap a bit and gave me a bit of encouragement to keep going. I slowed up towards the last bit as the effort was taking its toll, but I was paranoid at that stage that you'd go by me.

TBH and thinking back on it, they were solid runs in tough conditions, immediately afterwards I thought a sub 3 was outta reach but now I think I'm still in with a decent shout.

TbL

TBH and thinking back on it, they were solid runs in tough conditions, immediately afterwards I thought a sub 3 was outta reach but now I think I'm still in with a decent shout.

TbL

Agreed and we are both on an upward curve with plenty more training to do to improve in the meantime...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Just catching up on your log now.

Very well done on Sunday, fantastic time. Looks like your well on target for Boston.

You've come a long way, this time last year you were nearly as slow as me,:).

Small chance ill see you in Craughwell.

snailsong wrote: »
    Just catching up on your log now.

Very well done on Sunday, fantastic time. Looks like your well on target for Boston.

You've come a long way, this time last year you were nearly as slow as me,:).

Small chance ill see you in Craughwell.

Tnx P,

I'd say if you've kept training since the Fields you're in great shape, what's up next for you.

I'm only 50/50 on Craughwell myself.

TbL

• Advertisement

Plan today called for 5/7 miles very easy am/pm.

Got the shorter run done early this morning in abysmal weather, slogged through the 5 miles @ 9.46 pace.

Got out of work at 5 today for a change and headed for my local hilly route, complete change in the weather, lovely sunny evening with a bit of a breeze.

Nice to be back to the safety of Bogger terrain, only about half a dozen mechanised vehicles passed me during the hour, no pedestrians and a pair of lost sheep :) Got 7 miles done @ 8.32 pace. Groin and hip flexor have tightened up so I need to try and get that sorted.

12 miles for the day.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Plan today called for 5/7 miles very easy am/pm.

Got the shorter run done early this morning in abysmal weather, slogged through the 5 miles @ 9.46 pace.

Got out of work at 5 today for a change and headed for my local hilly route, complete change in the weather, lovely sunny evening with a bit of a breeze.

Nice to be back to the safety of Bogger terrain, only about half a dozen mechanised vehicles passed me during the hour, no pedestrians and a pair of lost sheep :) Got 7 miles done @ 8.32 pace. Groin and hip flexor have tightened up so I need to try and get that sorted.

12 miles for the day.

TbL

There's no place like home.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Think you'll have to work on Salmon Eile !

FBOT01 wrote: »
    There's no place like home.....;)

Hehe, puerile but class!!
    kit3 wrote: »
    Think you'll have to work on Salmon Eile !

Yea Kit, it's a pity to see quality posters leaving the forum!

TbL

Today called for a bog standard nursing home special.

Got out early this morning before work for this, glorious morning for a run and I left the base layer at home.

Ended up doing 6 miles @ 8.56.

Might have to switch things around and get my long run in tomorrow.

TbL

• Advertisement
Advertisement