Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boggers Log

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Keep the Faith, C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Yeah - keep the faith chief - it will eventually be a distant memory and you'll be nice and fresh going into your next training block - the fitness won't be long coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Keep at it C, 15 x 1 minutes doesn't seem like much to the likes of you but its still a move in the right direction, cling to the positives!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Reading the Honorary President of MCI log, doesn't help, "L
    Was chatting to him at a #runningismysuperpower committee meeting,he reckons he would of sold his willy for the ability to do a 60 second rep on sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

With apologies in advance, but I'm hopeful that my posts in this log will change from been like a bad episode of Fraiser to a normal training log very soon.

Yesterday I was in Dublin and did 20 x 1 min along the canal, was running slow enough but was brought to a near full stop outside a bar on Stephens Green. I know I'm a bogger auld lad but Jezus christ on a bike, the get up on some of the young wans outside the bar! Since when did bits of napkins qualify as "clothing" :) In my day the young wans wore long baggy jumpers and 14 hole docs, I must be a dinosaur!

Today: safe back in conservative Connemara I decided to try and run for a bit longer. Had planned 4 mins x 3 but after the first 4 mins the foot felt ok and I managed 22 mins uninterrupted jogging, the second mile was even a zippy 9.38.

Very happy with that, although the knee tendonitis is still giving me a bit of gip, I'm hoping tomorrow the physio will let me build it up in miles rather than minutes.

Gonna ask Ecoli to start the process of building me slowly back up, and with a bit of luck might be able to start the process next week.

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Very positive news TbL! Progress!
    Good to hear it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Gonna ask Ecoli to start the process of building me slowly back up, and with a bit of luck might be able to start the process next week.

TbL

Boston 2016 here we come.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Good stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

wont be long till u turn that 9 upside down. Easy and slow is the way to go.

• Advertisement

Ososlo wrote: »
    Very positive news TbL! Progress!
    Good to hear it:)

Tnx A, need to get back into it for my sanity, hope I'm not poxed and the knee starts to get worse while the foot is getting better every day!!
    yaboya1 wrote: »
    Boston 2016 here we come.....:)

It's on the cards P, really was looking forward to it. Got a laugh out of your log yesterday, with some of those "sessions" you could have been a special advisor on here lately :)
    Good stuff :)

Thanks K, appreciate the pointers on the swimming, could never get the hang of the front crawl breathing, got pissed off with it and have only done a few breast stroke sessions in the pool.
    ger664 wrote: »
    wont be long till u turn that 9 upside down. Easy and slow is the way to go.

Hopefully Ger, I'll gladly take slow and easy (as long as it's running not walking!) over the next few weeks. Have you another target marathon in mind?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Good man, great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Good to see you back at it Chief, slowly does it, it'll come back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Happy days! lol on the young wans get up, shocking it is :-)

Nice one C. Great to see things starting to move for you. Make sure you take it handy on the way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Hopefully Ger, I'll gladly take slow and easy (as long as it's running not walking!) over the next few weeks. Have you another target marathon in mind?

TbL[/QUOTE]

Yes. Frankfurt dependent on work else its Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Good to see things are looking up! Keep the faith, and the logging!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I suspect you know this already, TbL, because you are a sophisticated enough bogger with plenty of experience of the big smoke and beyond. There never were, and probably never will be, ANY decent bars on Stephen's Green. The geography is just all wrong.

Well done on the canal run. But be careful. You're only old once.

Today: 3.11 very slow easy miles @ 9.27.

Did this around the UCG grass pitches in Dangan, foot was a little more uncomfortable today but I suppose that's to be expected after yesterday's jaunt.

Seeing the physio tonight and if I get the all clear, I'm gonna aim for the 10 mile Simon run in Salthill on the 28th June and the Achill half on 4th July.

Reading all about Al Sal on the athletics forum and the benefits to performance from testosterone. Since my coach doesn't condone that sorta stuff I've teamed up with the local vet (we've agreed to share all my future prize money!) and he's going to start injecting me with micro doses of blood from the parish prize bull :)

Expect to see some incredible racing on here later on in the season, but in the mean time I'll have to start going through my little black book to get a few running dates lined up. They'll initially have to be very slow though, stand by your phone Murph ;)

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Did this around the UCG grass pitches in Dangan, foot was a little more uncomfortable today but I suppose that's to be expected after yesterday's jaunt.

Seeing the physio tonight and if I get the all clear, I'm gonna aim for the 10 mile Simon run in Salthill on the 28th June and the Achill half on 4th July.

Reading all about Al Sal on the athletics forum and the benefits to performance from testosterone. Since my coach doesn't condone that sorta stuff I've teamed up with the local vet (we've agreed to share all my future prize money!) and he's going to start injecting me with micro doses of blood from the parish prize bull :)

Expect to see some incredible racing on here later on in the season, but in the mean time I'll have to start going through my little black book to get a few running dates lined up. They'll initially have to be very slow though, stand by your phone Murph ;)

TbL

Something tells me you might find it difficult to line up some running dates after that revelation about the parish bull - hope you warned the missus :P

Hes really hoping he develops a pair of balls like this lad with the injections!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

tang1 wrote: »
    Hes really hoping he develops a pair of balls like this lad with the injections!!

I dont want to know what you put into google to find that image! :-D

Firedance wrote: »
    I dont want to know what you put into google to find that image! :-D

TbL's description - Bull with big testicles!!

The anticipation! I've already checked the phone a dozen times today just to make sure it's getting a signal. Seriously, happy to hook up anytime you're in the capital, whether it's running, walk/running or even walk/walking. No Dublin biking though. Too dangerous!

I don't know TBL - wouldn't that be a lot of extra weight to be carrying around ?

kit3 wrote: »
    I don't know TBL - wouldn't that be a lot of extra weight to be carrying around ?

Maybe Kit, but it'd surely be a great core workout.

Think I'd end up spending a fortune in anti chafing body glide though :)

TbL

Murph_D wrote: »
    The anticipation! I've already checked the phone a dozen times today just to make sure it's getting a signal. Seriously, happy to hook up anytime you're in the capital, whether it's running, walk/running or even walk/walking. No Dublin biking though. Too dangerous!

Murph, you could bring him circuit training......a bit of run/walking with exercise stations at The Yacht, Smyth's, Gaffney's, Meagher's, Kavanagh's, Grainger's and finishing off in Harry's. Yaboya would definitely join in and you never know Ferris and I could be tempted too.:D

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Murph, you could bring him circuit training......a bit of run/walking with exercise stations at The Yacht, Smyth's, Gaffney's, Meagher's, Kavanagh's, Grainger's and finishing off in Harry's. Yaboya would definitely join in and you never know Ferris and I could be tempted too.:D

Ah, now that's a workout I can get excited about!

Is aiming for a 10 mile race in less than 4 weeks a bit ambitious?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I was going to say the same thing, and a half a week later? But I didn't want to put a downer on all this bollo**s talk that's been going on.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I was going to say the same thing, and a half a week later? But I didn't want to put a downer on all this bollo**s talk that's been going on.

:) it takes a woman to talk sense :)

The bollo^*s talk was just a sneaky decoy ;)

• Advertisement

Adrian is right - a 'downer' might cancel the vets fee ;)

Actually, maybe you could help him out Career move ??

Adrian is right - a 'downer' might cancel the vets fee ;)

Actually, maybe you could help him out Career move ??

Ha no bother. I do castrations at a very reasonable rate :D

Now TBL - see what we do for you - after this your running woes will be nothing. What a roller coaster - from Johnny big balls to castration all in an afternoon :cool:

Now TBL - see what we do for you - after this your running woes will be nothing. What a roller coaster - from Johnny big balls to castration all in an afternoon :cool:

Yep from TbL to TbE (the bitter eunuch :)) in the space of a few hours!

Thanks Madame Dora, but if I ever get the snip it'll be done by a registered medical professional not a wannabe Tri-fairy :)

Your point re the 10 miler might have more merit however! I've been given more toe exercises to do to try and get the toes to "land" properly when my foot hits the ground and I'm not out of the injury woods just yet. Been told to build it up slowly and carefully monitor for swelling etc. if it continues to improve like it has recently, I don't see any reason why I can't jog at least the 10 miler.

Anyway the physio and Ecoli should save me from myself if required!

TbE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Nice to see this log back up and running (pun intended) and back to its usual random self :D.

Yep from TbL to TbE (the bitter eunuch :)) in the space of a few hours!

Thanks Madame Dora, but if I ever get the snip it'll be done by a registered medical professional not a wannabe Tri-fairy :)

Your point re the 10 miler might have more merit however! I've been given more toe exercises to do to try and get the toes to "land" properly when my foot hits the ground and I'm not out of the injury woods just yet. Been told to build it up slowly and carefully monitor for swelling etc. if it continues to improve like it has recently, I don't see any reason why I can't jog at least the 10 miler.

Anyway the physio and Ecoli should save me from myself if required!

TbE

Straight back to the boll*x talk I see. The wannabe Tri-fairy didn't keep you down for long......you just can't help yourself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

TbL

Been out of circulation for a little while so just catching up now.

Glad to hear you're coming to Achill. I will probably be pacing somewhere between 1:40-1:50 so I'll see you there, though that's yet to be confirmed.
    And when are you coming up to the Westport parkrun?
    Running dates are always available in this part of the world too.
    Good luck with the recovery.

snailsong wrote: »

He only likes to fraternise with the big city boys, makes him feel big, country bumpkins are of zero interest to him!! I'm only off the main Dublin-Galway motorway TbL, if your ever stuck traveling back West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

He only likes to fraternise with the big city boys, makes him feel big, country bumpkins are of zero interest to him!! I'm only off the main Dublin-Galway motorway TbL, if your ever stuck traveling back West.

We like to think of ourselves as very cosmopolitan in Westport though. Always something of interest to the discerning bogger and family.

• Advertisement

snailsong wrote: »
    Been out of circulation for a little while so just catching up now.

Glad to hear you're coming to Achill. I will probably be pacing somewhere between 1:40-1:50 so I'll see you there, though that's yet to be confirmed.
    And when are you coming up to the Westport parkrun?
    Good luck with the recovery.

Tnx P,

Hopefully Achill still on for me. I'd need to have an 80 min or 10 mile run in the bank and if so I'll see you there. If you're pacing 1.50 I might be able to tag along for a while.

TBL

Had a bit of a setback and aggravated the foot again after the 30 min run last week.

Took a days rest and on Friday I did 2 miles very slow around Salthill prom and directly after the run I added to the water pollution in Galway Bay by having a quick swim in "ladies beach". 'Twas mickey shrinking cold :)

Took another day off on Saturday and ran 36 minutes on Sunday, my longest run to date.

Was in Paris on Monday and London yesterday and didn't get an opportunity to get out for a run.

Today, I wasn't feeling the love at all, feel like I'm falling apart bit by bit, need my eyesight tested and spent 2 hours in the dentists chair. Niggles real and imaginary are flaring up. The only part of me that seems to be regenerating is my belly, (one of the lads at work asked me was I putting on some pud!!!) so I decided to hit the UCG pitches around Dangan and attempt a 4 miler Nursing Home Special. My cardio is so bad it felt more like the Last Rites shuffle! Managed 4.7miles in 41.22. Foot felt ok, big test will be if I can run comfortably tomorrow

Listening to the song below to try and resurrect some love. When this song was doing the rounds most of ye weren't even born and big hair and big flares were cool :)

http://youtu.be/C2q2bis6eLE

TbL

Fingers crossed for tomorrow TBL - you'll just need to be patient, hard as that must be.

confession: not only was I around for that song, I was well out of the cradle (10) :o

My auld fella hadn't a thought about me back then,t plus 2 years before i came along. Say you moved like Travolta in Saturday Night Fever in your day TbL, afro the whole lot!!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow TBL - you'll just need to be patient, hard as that must be.

confession: not only was I around for that song, I was well out of the cradle (10) :o

Tnx Kit,

Sure I had a picture of the bold Donna on my wall when I was 11 !

But at least it was music not that techno-bungalow noise that the likes of Duannington and the young wans of today are listening to :)

TbL

My auld fella hadn't a thought about me back then,t plus 2 years before i came along. Say you moved like Travolta in Saturday Night Fever in your day TbL, afro the whole lot!!

I'll teach you some of the moves after our first running date Tang ;) Sure wouldn't you give your right arm for an afro!!

Back then I used to sing "staying alive", now "staying alive" is my mission :)

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Tnx Kit,

Sure I had a picture of the bold Donna on my wall when I was 11 !

But at least it was music not that techno-bungalow noise that the likes of Duannington and the young wans of today are listening to :)

TbL

You mean this rubbish TbL?

Duanington wrote: »
    You mean this rubbish TbL?

Exactly DD.

Sacrilegious!!

It was said that Donna Summer didn't sing she fcuked your ears, that dross just fcuks your ears :)

TbL

Exactly DD.

Sacrilegious!!

It was said that Donna Summer didn't sing she fcuked your ears, that dross just fcuks your ears :)

TbL

See you made a guest appearence in the song TbL, Fatboy Slim!!

Had a bit of a setback and aggravated the foot again after the 30 min run last week.

Took a days rest and on Friday I did 2 miles very slow around Salthill prom and directly after the run I added to the water pollution in Galway Bay by having a quick swim in "ladies beach". 'Twas mickey shrinking cold :)

Took another day off on Saturday and ran 36 minutes on Sunday, my longest run to date.

Was in Paris on Monday and London yesterday and didn't get an opportunity to get out for a run.

Today, I wasn't feeling the love at all, feel like I'm falling apart bit by bit, need my eyesight tested and spent 2 hours in the dentists chair. Niggles real and imaginary are flaring up. The only part of me that seems to be regenerating is my belly, (one of the lads at work asked me was I putting on some pud!!!) so I decided to hit the UCG pitches around Dangan and attempt a 4 miler Nursing Home Special. My cardio is so bad it felt more like the Last Rites shuffle! Managed 4.7miles in 41.22. Foot felt ok, big test will be if I can run comfortably tomorrow

Listening to the song below to try and resurrect some love. When this song was doing the rounds most of ye weren't even born and big hair and big flares were cool :)

http://youtu.be/C2q2bis6eLE

TbL

Dentist is not the best place to get your eyes tested...IMHO

Good to see you back out for an NHS and listening to quality tunes along the way. Hopefully you managed a few comfortable miles today as well and maybe dig out the soundtrack to The Full Monty for trip :cool:

Feel like an ultra runner today! 10 miles in two days! It's amazing how a slow 5.37 mile plod can leave one feeling fantastic.

Headed up into Seanadh Pheistin early this morning for this. Despite the glorious sunshine I was a little apprehensive about this planned 5 miler as I haven't been able to run comfortably two days in a row for weeks.

What a glorious day, I even decided to run without the t shirt. The last time I did this in 2012 a road side caravan dwelling young lad pointed at me and turned to his friends and said "jasus lads look at the knockers on that lad" :) So every time a car passed me I made a concerted effort to suck in the gut!!

Managed 5.37 miles in 52 min 14 secs, pace was slower than yesterday but today was all about getting through it and time on feet.

No immediate complaints from the foot but on the downside the left knee doesn't seem to be getting any better.

All considered very happy

TbL

• Advertisement
Advertisement