Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Summer Job

Options
  • 28-11-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience with the new J1 programme where you do an interview here and secure a job before you go? The jobs seem to be mostly available in resort-y type places...We have already registered interest and hope to be called to an interview but the fee is a few hundred more expensive than the regular J1...

Also, the places seem kind of boring!! I would love to go to Chicago but am afraid of not finding work...can anybody shed light on finding work/accomodation here? Travelling with a friend and we are both 26 so going more for a working holiday experience than a typical 'lets get wrecked all summer' J1 experience....(which does sound fun too, don't get me wrong!!)

Advertisement