Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me out please to get into the college.

Options
  • 28-11-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hello, everyone just want to Introduce my self, I am Eduard 21 yrs old. From Dublin, finished my leaving cert in 2011 did it twice, being honest not lying - my leaving cert wasn't the best got only around 170 points... I am not Irish I am foreign and looking for help, I want to get into the college what course ? Mechanics Electronics on cars something similar to car entertainment. I think i need to start from lvl 5 6 as i have not gotten many points on leaving cert. Qualifax.ie i guess? what do i do where do i start could someone please explain me clearly so i could understand please. What course it it Car engineering or ?? I really want to get into the college on september at least next year 2014.. so please could anyone tell me who would take me or something.. I am tottaly lost on the education.. I am working at the moment but i need get a diploma for future its important to me and my family. I know so much mistakes I made writing this small letter to us lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gdawg87

There's a course in DIT: Automotive Engineering- http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/programmes/dt007/#d.en.49892

But there is a one year PLC course in Kylemore you can do to see if you like that kind of thing. After you complete it then you can continue on to DIT

Kylemore: http://www.kylemorecollege.ie/showPage.php?ID=40&LANG=1&GLANG=1

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mDx

gdawg87 wrote: »
    There's a course in DIT: Automotive Engineering- http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/programmes/dt007/#d.en.49892

But there is a one year PLC course in Kylemore you can do to see if you like that kind of thing. After you complete it then you can continue on to DIT

Kylemore: http://www.kylemorecollege.ie/showPage.php?ID=40&LANG=1&GLANG=1

thank you, but this says that this plc thing will need to work in the garage or i will only need to find a garage?

mDx wrote: »
    thank you, but this says that this plc thing will need to work in the garage or i will only need to find a garage?

just work experience. You go to college 4 days a week, then 1 day a week you work in a garage for experience.

gdawg87 wrote: »
    just work experience. You go to college 4 days a week, then 1 day a week you work in a garage for experience.

As I understood that they are giving a garage isnt? or I need to find one for me self? thank you applying to it :)

mDx wrote: »
    As I understood that they are giving a garage isnt? or I need to find one for me self? thank you applying to it :)

if you can't find one, I'm sure they will help you.

• Advertisement

So there is only 2 courses, one in Plunket college and one is in Kylemore is that's all? in Dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Good site to use, www.qualifax.ie

Advertisement