Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on selecting components for Gaming Rig (€700-900)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Cianog

ah sound haha, nah not into overclocking myself and am mainly using the comp for cpu games such as HoI3 and EU4 but may dabble into graphics games haha

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Cianog wrote: »
    ah sound haha, nah not into overclocking myself and am mainly using the comp for cpu games such as HoI3 and EU4 but may dabble into graphics games haha

Man EU4 is the most inaccessible game I've ever played I don't have a clue what going on

ah man once ya get into it its unreal haha, ireland does have a tough start so its best ta go colonisin, check out some lets plays on youtube for some easier ways ta learn tho would recommend watchin a bigger country bein played to pick it up, once ya know how ta work the interface expect your social life/time in general to be completely gone for at least a month haha

Sorry for the necro on this thread but the computer I built was going well until the motherboard completely fried. Any chance you might know a decent replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

• Advertisement

Ah thank you kind sir ha. Fairly sure it's the motherboard anyway brought it into a shop to be sure and they said that it's because the motherboard could only take Max 60 heat whereas the parts were 100 or something. Just told me to get a 1150 and I will be grand so Feckin hope so, recession isn't kind haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

That sounds like a fob-off tbh.

Does the PSU fan spin when you turn it on?
    http://support.antec.com/support/solutions/articles/1000015319-is-my-power-supply-dead-the-paperclip-test

Honestly think it was a fob off because I had the same problem before and got him to fix it for 80 quid then it happened again while in warranty and he said this.

Edit: It took ages to display on the screen, sometimes an hour or so then just kept restarting without displaying anything. He fixed it for 80 but still took a while to start up now it's back to square one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Could be the GPU, does it happen with the GPU removed?

Definitely a fob off, a motherboard not being able to handle 60° doesn't really make sense

Yeah took the gpu out and still no success. Feel as though he took my money and ran ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

He may well have, chances that he's doing his best and isn't trying to rob you in fairness.

Have any of your mates PCs so you can cross test the PSU

Yeah checked the psu and it seems good

Advertisement