Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did I receive a Caution?

• 29-11-2013 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I was arrested for having an item that could be misconstrued as a weapon, I was taken to the station, a file was sent to the DPP that recommended that no action be taken, the case was dismissed, I don't remember specifically being told that I was receiving a caution but I was warned that if it happened again that action would be taken. Does this mean that I received a caution?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

There are particular circumstances where an adult caution may be considered appropriate by Gardai. They may decide to offer the chance to accept an adult caution. The relevant person would then have to indicate that he wishes to accept the caution. Then the person would be formally cautioned by Gardai.

Your description of your situation doesn't tally with my understanding of an adult caution, as such.

Gardai can and do give informal verbal warnings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

The DPP said no case to answer so you cannot have been given a caution under the recognised Juvenile or Adult scheme.
    This was only a "friendly word" and has no legal basis

Advertisement