Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold calling

Options
  • 29-11-2013 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Does anybody know if cold calling businesses in ireland with online services they need is effective or a waste of time?

Thanks!

Comments

Depends how good your pitch is and how many people you hit. The law of averages is your only friend cold calling

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Thanks for that! And is it easy enough to get a list from CRO or another source of newly registered businesses in ireland? Or do these lists cost a lot of money or dont exist?

There are so many websites these days with lists of businesses I would start there. If it were me I would start in Dublin, mark out a territory for the day with 30-40 businesses in it and go see them and do it like that. See at least 200 a week, and you might get 5 sales from that, and it should be enough to get you started. Its easier to say no on the phone, and harder to get people to like you and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Yurple wrote: »
    Thanks for that! And is it easy enough to get a list from CRO or another source of newly registered businesses in ireland? Or do these lists cost a lot of money or dont exist?

You *can* get lists of newly registered businesses / companies, but they won't have full contact details.

Advertisement