Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid for bank holiday I did not work

Options
  • 29-11-2013 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for a bit of information in relation to my pay for this month.

I was scheduled in to work on the bank holiday on the 4th of November but used one of my vacation days to take it off and made a 3 day weekend of it. Usually we are given double time and an extra day off for working a bank holiday.

I still get the extra day off as using one of my annual leave days on a bank holiday doesn't cancel out the day I was due off anyway but i was not expecting to get the double time.

Any got my payslip today and even tho i used up one of my annual leave days on the bank holiday I have been paid an extra days pay for the double time that I should have done had I not booked it off.

Cut a long story short I think it might be an error on the payroll departments side and i am thinking of letting my manager know but if you guys think this is normal practice then let me know (don't want to say nothing and have it taken back off me next month unexpectedly).

Summary - Was scheduled in for bank holiday but booked it off with my annual leave and was still payed double time even tho i didn't work that day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Could be that rather than cancelling out your annual leave day you got paid double instead. So you will have one day less leave but paid one day extra.

Really the only people who can confirm are payroll so it would make more sense to just ask them rather than rely upon speculation from Internet folk who don't know anything about how your workplace operates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Better be careful then sorry; tell your manager as it's all down to company policy.

Advertisement