Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Section 71 of the Roads Act 1993

• 29-11-2013 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Section 71 of the Roads Act 1993 states that, in relation to placing
    "on a public road any caravan, vehicle or other structure or thing (whether on wheels or not) used for the purposes of advertising, the sale of goods, the provision of services or other similar purpose"

A road authority may give

"A consent under paragraph (a) may be given by the road authority subject to such conditions, restrictions or requirements as it thinks fit and any person who fails to comply with such conditions, restrictions or requirements shall be guilty of an offence."

My question is can they road authority give consent for mechanically propelled vehicles without tax, insurance, NCT or anything without a differential axle?. Can they override the Road Traffic Act?

I thought I had posted this but it did not appear. Apologies if it duplicates

Advertisement