Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc sensors/ Astec alarm

Options
  • 29-11-2013 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My astec alarm is giving sensor trouble. Has anyone a wiring diagram to replace astec inertia sensors with hkc inertia sensors by any chance?

Don't have the money to replace full alarm....

Cheers
    Al

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Home Security Systems

If it's just an Inertia sensor you just wire it in using the single pair but series in the tamper.
    So of its a single cable using red and black you loop 1 & 3 and wire the pair into 2 & 4.
    If you are also using a built in contact then also loop 4 & 6, wire a 680 ohm resistor across 5 & 6 & wire the pair into 2&5..
    It would be a very rare situation now where you would need to change the entire system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BIGBALDAL

KoolKid wrote: »
    Moved to Home Security Systems

If it's just an Inertia sensor you just wire it in using the single pair but series in the tamper.
    So of its a single cable using red and black you loop 1 & 3 and wire the pair into 2 & 4.
    If you are also using a built in contact then also loop 4 & 6, wire a 680 ohm resistor across 5 & 6 & wire the pair into 2&5..
    It would be a very rare situation now where you would need to change the entire system.

I'll give that a go. Cheers for your help

Al

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. If you need any help give me a shout.
    Sorry I haven't a diagram, using a mobile.

Advertisement