Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working other jobs on 457 visa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you want to keep your status straight, you're going to have to keep your status straight. I wouldn't risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

kieran360 wrote: »
    Id like to know has anyone worked at random jobs using their TFN while sponsored with another company and got caught. Is it possible for them to find out?
    Of course they can find out, if you are getting taxed it's all recorded.
    Ive being thinking maybe using an ABN which might be harder for them to track, or revert to a cash in hand job if all this is too risky. I'd like to go for PR down the line if possible and dont want any of this showing up and putting the application at risk. But I dont even know if they check this sort of thing.
    Seriously mate just buy beans for a few weeks, it is not worth it.
    You are also taking about illegal visa activity, which is against the forum rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I definitely wouldn't risk working on TFN or even ABN. That being said, cash in hand would be tempting i.e. no paper trail to link it back to you.

Is there any way you can get a loan from family/friends to tie you over for a bit? Your nomination shouldn't take long to come in. Beans on toast for a few weeks would be better than potentially being thrown out of the country. Far too risky IMO.

Advertisement