Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway gooner!

Options
  • 29-11-2013 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi,

I'll be living out of a suitcase in Galway for the next two weeks with work!

Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere where u can watch the arsenal games over the next two weeks? Is there somewhere which is a arsenal pub or where Galway goners meet up to watch the match? Starting with tomorrow's game against Cardiff!

Any advice appreciated.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Not an Arsenal pub (as far as I know), but I always like to go to the Dew Drop for matches. Best HD screens and sound in town IMO. And it's a cosy spot too to boot. They'd be showing all the main matches every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

No real Arsenal pub, I often go to Dew drop for the matches too and would for tomorrows if I wasnt away this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Arsenal? What sport is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

I am a big Arsenal fan and the Dew Drop is the best place for watching games. Always a good few Arsenal heads in there for games. Good atmosphere too and HD TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Drinking. For champions only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Diving

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Can we not just welcome the OP who's on a visit from London England ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

All the main pubs show PM soccer. I like Dew Drop but if you just have a walk down Shop Street you'll find a pub no bother.
    There isn't any dedicated team pubs here (afaik) so just call in anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'd definitely recommend the Dew Drop for matches. It's a football clientele so you'll have a common interest with most in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Can we not just welcome the OP who's on a visit from London England ?

Excellent point.
    Why do people have to give such píss-take replies.

OP, The Dew Drop is a great pub to watch matches.
    Another popular sports/soccer pub is Fagan's Bar in Eyre Square.

• Advertisement
Advertisement