Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus RT-N56u and the Three Huawei E5331 as USB

• 29-11-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi There,

I recently noticed the latest Asus firmware for their router allows you to plug in a usb modem and use that device as the WAN interface.

However I cannot seem to get the darn thing to work at all. When I plug the modem into a USB port on my ubuntu laptop, it works perfectly, without the need to add an 'apn', pin or username or any other information that the the router setup page asks when configuring the modem.

Has anyone managed to get this configuration to work? Any advice. I am googled out - there is not a great deal of information with this particular setup.

Once I get through the setup on the router, and after the router reboots, I just get the message that the wan interface is disconnected, and there is no connection to the internet.

Do I need to get a pin number from Three.ie to get it to work? I don't see why that would be necessary when Ubuntu can connect without any credentials.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 adrianm68

There is nothing on the Asus site which confirms that the E5331 is actually compatible as a USB modem for the RT-N56u. Perhaps that is the problem.

Advertisement