Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best shop bought pudding ?

Options
  • 29-11-2013 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

With work etc i didn't get a chance to make my own puddings this year so i'm looking for what you think is the best shop bought pudding out there ? Looking for run of the mill prices and not something crazy !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OrionA

The Tesco mid range pudding is really lovely. Not the Tesco Finest in the silver box found that a bit too rich. The one in the gold box. Plenty of fruit and nuts. Or the Dunnes simply better one. Both are lovely and tend to be reduced to half price in the run up to christmas so I buy either then

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Superquinn or M and S. Superquinn puds half price at present, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

M&S all the way. I personally am not a fan of pudding but the hubbie and my folks think M&S one is the biz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

M&S all the way. I personally am not a fan of pudding but the hubbie and my folks think M&S one is the biz.

They do a few so any specific one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

Don't eat the stuff myself but i did read somewhere that the aldi one beat some of the more expensive ones in a blind tasting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

stoutykid wrote: »
    Don't eat the stuff myself but i did read somewhere that the aldi one beat some of the more expensive ones in a blind tasting....

I like that one.

Advertisement