Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all vouchers

• 29-11-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is there any way of telling if my employer is taking advantage of the Small Benefit Exemption Scheme, allowing him to reward employees up to €250 in One4all Gift Cards and Vouchers tax and PRSI free and not passing on the vouchers to staff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

lazydawg wrote: »
    Is there any way of telling if my employer is taking advantage of the Small Benefit Exemption Scheme, allowing him to reward employees up to €250 in One4all Gift Cards and Vouchers tax and PRSI free and not passing on the vouchers to staff.

No. It's perfect that way.

Sincerely,

Your Boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Contact the Revenue commissioners and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

The rest of us split your one five ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Hobbes wrote: »
    Contact the Revenue commissioners and ask them.

revenue got get the records of that. and I give a bonus of vouchers each of my staff, receipt goes in with the rest of my receipts and the accountant writes it but , i don't submit it to revenue.

It would be in annual accounts where it would be accounted for.
    If it's a limited company the accounts are public record www.cro.ie
    should be able to help you.

otherwise report the suspicions to the revenue.
    they'll probably look into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Your €500 One4all gift card is on its way. Thanks for the publicity- sincerely yours, One4all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Why does it bother you?

He can't claim the spend against tax, so all he's doing is spending his own money.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

I would like to use my One4All voucher to buy a hat. A really nice hat. And, if there's enough left over, a fairly nice hat that I could use as a secondary or back-up hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

OSI wrote: »
    You should be delighted. Those things are worthless.

Why?

I got given a 200 euro one last year. I hadn't much trouble using it tbh.

Valetta wrote: »
    Why does it bother you?

He can't claim the spend against tax, so all he's doing is spending his own money.

not true - he is saying (allegedly ) that he is giving these to his employees .

if he is not he is getting effectively tax free cash out of the business and spending it on himself without paying paye/prsi or USC.
    It's fraud and using the OPs name to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lazydawg

I have info that he was seen purchasing a monster tv with a large amount of what we call all4one vouchers last january could be a wind up but I bet its happening wholesale, but Fraud is a serious issue and If he has being doing this for a few years it miight be a very happy christmas for all of us and some of you:mad:

• Advertisement

not true - he is saying (allegedly ) that he is giving these to his employees .

if he is not he is getting effectively tax free cash out of the business and spending it on himself without paying paye/prsi or USC.
    It's fraud and using the OPs name to do it.

He's not getting tax free money out of the business.

It's no different from him going to superquinn and doing the weekly shop and paying for it with a company card.

Not tax deductible, same as buying the vouchers.

Valetta wrote: »
    He's not getting tax free money out of the business.

It's no different from him going to superquinn and doing the weekly shop and paying for it with a company card.

Not tax deductible, same as buying the vouchers.

if he did his weekly shopping on the company card it would be charged to himj by the accountant at the end of the year. Unless he (illegally) claimed it as a business expense - although I'll admit there is so leeway to "claim" it was business related.

companies can give employees a voucher(s) on 1 occasion only during a tax to a max value of €250 tax free.
    The employee pays no tax and the company doesn't pay employers PRSI.

If the boss is taking say 1000e in voucher and claiming it was for 4 employees then it's fraud if he takes them himself cos anything over 250 would require tax to be paid if it was for 1 individual.

so it is a tax matter and the OP is concerned he is using his name to facilitate this fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lazydawg

Valetta do you know anybody who is claiming all4one vouchers and spending the money on themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Rather than listen to gossip OP just quit your job, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

You have an employer?:eek:

Valetta do you know anybody who is claiming all4one vouchers and spending the money on themselves

No

Advertisement