Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing different Home plugs

• 29-11-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have a Vodafone branded Devolo 200Mbps home plug (Powerline) - I had 2 but one was smashed in an unfortunate incident involving a cabinet!

I went into Maplin to buy a single unit and they only had single TP link units to the same Home Plugs 200Mbps standard.

The nice man in the store INSISTED they would not work together - I insisted they would.

Anyway I bought it and I can confirm that they work perfectly well together - plugged them in, pressed the pair button and voila!

So if anyone is wondering if you can mix an match, you can. As would be expected in any standards based technology - just make sure to match the standards.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

crawler wrote: »
    Folks,

I have a Vodafone branded Devolo 200Mbps home plug (Powerline) - I had 2 but one was smashed in an unfortunate incident involving a cabinet!

So if anyone is wondering if you can mix an match, you can. As would be expected in any standards based technology - just make sure to match the standards.

:)

nice I was sure they only worked in pairs:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

Good to know. The recommendation has always been to buy in pairs or use the same brand. The standards/technology is probably improving and making this less of an issue. I'm sure there would be problems with older/slower homeplugs where perhaps the standards were less rigourously adhered to.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

HomePlug AV, GP and AV2 are fully interoperable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yep I have some Devolos working with some tp-link jobbies.

edit: Deleted loads of stuff. The Devolo 500 has one drawback, the 3 lan ports are only 100mbit >.<

So this zyxel one is even better than the Devolo (and cheaper) -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/PLA4225-500MBPS-4-PORT-POWERLINE-PLA4225-EU0101F/dp/B006E0WVXO

Advertisement