Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topaz at Coonagh Roundabout

• 29-11-2013 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what is happening to this? Passed it this morning on the way to work and it was shut with barriers around then entrance.

It is closing or just being re-branded?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Rebranded I'd say. The canopy logos and colours were all removed yesterday evening when I saw it. If it was just closing down then they wouldn't have been the first to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Hopefully just re branding, the petrol prices were always pretty good for that side of town, i know tesco is across the road but i find their petrol is of lower quality and it dont get as many Miles to the gallon when i use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

Another thread re this.
    There was a fire there the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

swim2 wrote: »
    Another thread re this.
    There was a fire there the other day

Actually no, that is referring to the Topaz on the Dock Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hopefully just re branding, the petrol prices were always pretty good for that side of town, i know tesco is across the road but i find their petrol is of lower quality and it dont get as many Miles to the gallon when i use them.

That's all in your head. Topaz and Tesco fuel are the exact same thing. Same trucks, same depots etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Beer Baron wrote: »
    That's all in your head. Topaz and Tesco fuel are the exact same thing. Same trucks, same depots etc etc

I dont know, is it? Could it be the same as Texaco?

All i know is when I topped up at Tesco, I didnt get the same amount of fuel as I did when I topped up at Texaco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It's closing down, something to do with the rent on the site. Staff being transferred to other sites.

Apparently Applegreen are moving in there in the new year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beer Baron wrote: »

Yep, the stations in Limerick are for the most part supplied by the one depot in Cork, and this has been the case for a number of decades now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They may come from the same place in Whitegate, Cork but each brand may put in their own additives or some don't add any at all. This may explain the marginal difference in mpg figures.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I got an email from topaz about it, saying it was leaving the topaz network. I'd imagine having the tesco one across the road didn't help. Be interesting to see an applegreen go in. They're pretty cheap I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

MarkR wrote: »
    I got an email from topaz about it, saying it was leaving the topaz network. I'd imagine having the tesco one across the road didn't help. Be interesting to see an applegreen go in. They're pretty cheap I believe.

already one just up the road anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a new filling station being built on the Dock Road right next to the carwash place, it used to be a Texaco years ago. The forecourt looks pretty big and spacious, I wonder which brand is going in there, I hope it isn't Topaz, they have enough filling stations as it is out that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

bazz26 wrote: »
    There is a new filling station being built on the Dock Road right next to the carwash place, it used to be a Texaco years ago. The forecourt looks pretty big and spacious, I wonder which brand is going in there, I hope it isn't Topaz, they have enough filling stations as it is out that way.

I saw that earlier in the week, it looks like the canopy may be too low for trucks which I found strange.

Advertisement