Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today's petrol/diesel prices in Limerick mod warning post#30

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

First and foremost, we need to stick to one fuel thread.

Secondly, got petrol @ 139.9 in Lock Quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Prices have risen a lot in the past few weeks. Can anyone explain why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

First and foremost, we need to stick to one fuel thread.

Secondly, got petrol @ 139.9 in Lock Quay.

Is there another Limerick fuel thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

angeleyes wrote: »
    Prices have risen a lot in the past few weeks. Can anyone explain why?

the threat of the USA getting into fisting cuffs with iran is the only thing i can think of....

....what are the prices out there this week????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

fryup wrote: »
    the threat of the USA getting into fisting cuffs with iran is the only thing i can think of....

....what are the prices out there this week????

Is the Venezuela situation part of the problem as well, or did I pick that up wrong?

^^^^^^^^^^

well its not helping matters,

all those people rioting & living in poverty affecting my local fuel pump prices..will they not think of others, so selfish

seriously though, what are the prices around town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭davo2001

146.9 for petrol at Apple green on the Coonagh roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

145.9 petrol in Amber and Chawkes Castletroy

• Advertisement

any updates on prices lads? seems to have dropped a wee bit lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,427 ✭✭✭✭phog

Not price related but on my last three occasions getting fuel at Circle K in Groody I had to enter my Visa PIN twice before it was accepted - has anyone else encountered a similar issue.

What's the average out there folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Appears to be around 130.9 for Diesel but I don't look for Petrol

Tesco give you 5c off per litre with a €50 spend or 10c off a litre with a €100 spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,311 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What have you seen so far yourself?

It might make it easier for people then to tell what they have seen in other areas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

141.9 for petrol along the Dock Road, around 142.9 along the Ennis Road, apart from the spot near Ardscoil Rís. He's still charging 149.9 per litre!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Diesel is 129.9 near the Kilmurray Lodge in Castletroy. A week ago in Kilkenny it was 127.9 when I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

137.9 for petrol in the Applegreen on the Limerick side near Newcastle West on Monday. I can't remember the diesel, but I'm guessing probably somewhere around 127.9. Petrol went up a cent there since last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TPMP

apart from the spot near Ardscoil Rís. He's still charging 149.9 per litre!

It's an outrageous price to be charging. Can't imagine he'll be in business for very long with those prices. My local station in Ennis is charging 132 for petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

TPMP wrote: »
    It's an outrageous price to be charging. Can't imagine he'll be in business for very long with those prices. My local station in Ennis is charging 132 for petrol.

That petrol station beside the hi-way used always have ludicrous prices and its still in business

TPMP wrote: »
    My local station in Ennis is charging 132 for petrol.

which one be that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TPMP

which one be that?

Circle K and and Applegreen on the Limerick road by Flannans.

so ennis is nearly 10c cheaper than other towns??? whats going on there?...a cartel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

so ennis is nearly 10c cheaper than other towns??? whats going on there?...a cartel?

Competition in Ennis, possibly a cartel elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

€130.9 in Tralee this morning. €148.9 in Adare on the way home. €140.9 last station coming in the dock road before Dominos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Filled up last Thursday in Kilcolgan in Galway, Circle K near Mother Hubbards for €124.8 per litre for diesel.

€144.9 for petrol at Daly's Cross

€139.9 petrol inver castletroy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I drove from Dunnes Childers Rd to Dunnes Jetland today. Inver in Ballysimon/Mulgrave St were 139.9 for petrol. Circle K on the Ennis Rd were 149.9. 10 cent in the difference a few miles apart. Crazy!

and then inver in nenagh is 145.9 ? wouldn't you think all inver's would be the same price or does it work like that?

prices seem to be veering near the 1.50 mark :( just as we're coming out of lockdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

and then inver in nenagh is 145.9 ? wouldn't you think all inver's would be the same price or does it work like that?

It's never worked like that, why would you charge 145 when your next door neighbor is charging 155?

^^^^^^^^^

to get more customers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

^^^^^^^^^

to get more customers?

Or you could charge the same and get the same number of customers, car fuel is one of those things most of us need to buy

or you could charge less and get more customers, anyway the sale of fuel brings in minimal profit, it's what they sell in the shop that makes the most money

Advertisement