Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Taxi company for pre arranged long distance

Options
  • 29-11-2013 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

I live near Oughterard and often spend 30+ getting home in a taxi on the street. I heard there are taxi or hackney companies that give pre-agreed deals on similar distances (10-15 miles). Anyone know any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Procabs used to have fixed fair for longish distances.

Oughterard listed as €34 here, though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Pop into a hackney office and ask for their fares.

However €30 to Uachtar Árd sounds reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

€30 for that run sounds very reasonable. It used to cost me about €20 to get out to just beyond Moycullen 10 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I am about 10 miles out of Galway, a few miles short of Oughterard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Hi Red Pepper how often would be needing the taxi, I work in a taxi office, if it was a very regular run maybe I could get the office to work out a deal for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Not very often really. Once a month tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

An independent taxi driver did that journey for €20 for me 2 or 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just a thought but check around if there is any drivers that live in O-ard and work in town.
    Maybe you can make an arrangement with one of them to take you home as last fare for a tenner (they're going that way anyway..)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nishta

585858 can probably help you, they are sound and reasonable

Advertisement