Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental House Repossession - Who gets rent?

Options
  • 29-11-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys, my apologies if this is a repost, I've searched around for info on the forums and found quite a bit, but still confused on the issue.

I'm 3 months into a 12 month lease, but I got a letter from a liquidation company working on behalf of a bank stating the house is being repossessed and that from next month the rent must be paid to them. I've contacted them, contacted the landlord and contacted threshold but they all have different takes on it?

Landlord: All is fine, knows about the issue, being sorted.
    Repossession Agency: Not up to him anymore, rent to them, suggested calling Threshold etc to clarify and get advice.
    Threshold: Continue to pay rent to landlord, if either party gets in contact tell them it's their business, not yours. Original contract with the landlord technically still stands.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Landlord.
    Unless you get a court order of some sort.

Advertisement