Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone stored for 4 years. Battery ruined?

• 29-11-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭

i have an iphone 3gs which is still unopened in the box since new, probably 3\4 years since I got it. I wonder if the battery is ok after been left uncharged all this time? if I charge it up will the battery be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It the battery was left around 3/4 full when switched off, it can last for quite some time. (Which is what stock in the shop normally is set to).

3-4 years might be pushing the envelope though.

If the battery is faulty it will expand (instead of exploding). So you will know if it's OK or not after the first charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

Thanks. Battery was never charged as phone is still in the box unopened!! Would you think it was still ok? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Don't open it. You will probably get a good price for it on ebay. People who collect old iphones & Apple stuff usually like them unopened with the shrinkwrap still untouched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Fair play to you. I don't think I could go 3 days with an unopened Apple product within my possession never mind 3 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Fair play to you. I don't think I could go 3 days with an unopened Apple product within my possession never mind 3 years :D

I just got a 5s today but I'm not alowed to use it until christmas day Mrs ultwen has insisted ! I have cut the the wrapping ant set it up with all my apps,contacts and email accounts and re-boxed it now just have to wait 26 days :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

ultwen wrote: »
    I just got a 5s today but I'm not alowed to use it until christmas day Mrs ultwen has insisted ! I have cut the the wrapping ant set it up with all my apps,contacts and email accounts and re-boxed it now just have to wait 26 days :(

Ah here!

Advertisement