Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service ARGOS Style....PS4 Launch

Options
  • 29-11-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

• PS4 Scam.....You physically could not reserve this in any store from midnight....I even had people in the US trying during the night and could not reserve. Then suddendly at 9.00am the reserve option kicked in and immediately went to out of Stock. However in the Cork Queens Old Castle one lucky man was first in this morning and managed to walk away with one under his arm.....when I asked him when he reserved it he said "during the week" and left in a rush....Mmmmm me thinks the old Irish system of "who you know" is well and truely alive!!!!

Argos Hi Eileen, it did take a few hours for the reservation system to kick in. However, store reservations could be placed, they were just very limited.
      Luke
    • Not buying it Luke....sorry.....the message should have gone from "can't reserve" to Out of Stock during the night if that was the case.....but it didn't say that until 9.00am :-( and what about the gentleman who reserved his "during week" I guess that must have been a temporary glich in your reservations system which allowed him temporary access.....you have my permission to use that line if you want to for any future queries!:rolleyes:

Argos That's your choice to believe the information I'm giving you, Eileen. However, it's a fact. I saw it with my own eyes so I know for a fact they were available.
      With regards to the gentleman who managed to reserve one in the week, I've already passed these details on as it is completely unacceptable for the store to allow this to happen.

Luke

How disappointing....:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

em...what? so your peed off that someone asked his mate to put one aside and you reckon this is a conspiracy by Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

they handles it terribly, I rang argos and they said "you will not be able to reserve online, not a chance, call in first thing in morning" what happens - all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eileogr

Nope- just call it what it is.....not first come first served but forget it until staff have been looked after first!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement