Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking

Options
  • 29-11-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭

Parked in grand parade multi storey yesterday,10.50 for just over 2 hours,seriously this must be the most expensive car park in cork never again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ofcork wrote: »
    Parked in grand parade multi storey yesterday,10.50 for just over 2 hours,seriously this must be the most expensive car park in cork never again!

just over 2 hours...I wonder how did they round that figure up.
    It's crazy money, when at a time I think some car parks are actually reducing their fees, I think St. Finbarr's Multistorey have dropped their prices (well they had when I was there last...a few years ago now I must admit :) ).

I won't park in the city anymore, I try to avoid the place at all costs and if I must go in I will take Park & Ride, the kids prefer that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Just had a look at their website there,1.20 per 20 mins for the first 2 hours and 3.30 per hour after so as I was gone into the third hour got caught for the full rate,all their other car parks are cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I usually park in the little yard type place on the quays near The Vic (The Victoria Sporting Club). It's never more than a few bob, to be fair and it couldn't be handier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yup, the carparks in cork are stupid money, but they can charge away to their hearts content as loads of street parking is removed, and the city bus service is intermittent / total junk.

I guess that's why places like douglas, mahon, ballincollig and blackpool do so well with their free parking, and the city center rots away into disuse.

Advertisement