Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Man was writing parking ticket as I got back to car.....

Options
  • 29-11-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I parked in a public car park today and as I was just popping into the bank to lodge some money I decided to not pay for a parking ticket.

However when I got back to the car park about 5 minutes later, I could see the NCP man close to my car, putting information into his hand held device. I simply strolled up to me car and drove away, without interacting with NCP man. As I drove away I could see him staring at me.

So there was no parking ticket on my car, or it was not clamped, therefore can they legally issue me with a parking fine? Or where do I stand?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

ooooh mister lodge his millions and dont pay for the parking space. bet youre a banker.

jk but if he saw you parking illegally and got your info then yeah expect a fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

Why yes, Yes they can, you were caught parking Illegally

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If its a car park run by the co co then expect a fine either way. If its a private car park then the fine means basically nothing (NCPS cannot legally get your address from your reg no).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Why do people seem to think using the words "pop" or "popping" covers all sins?

Oh I was just popping in. Grand so. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

...now if you had left your hazards lights on however...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

ncps is a private company...so you will not be receiving a fine from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

No, the fact that you showed up meant that the fact you parked without a ticket was hidden by the magic fairies and it's everybody's fault except yours.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Unless they took a Picture or Clamped your Car Its your word against theres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Red_Dwarf wrote: »
    Why yes, Yes they can, you were caught parking Illegally

Actually no, no they can't.....(unless they have been contracted by the local council to police council-owned car parks)

...when Varadkar's new legislation comes into force (and only from then), some private parking companies (Clamper's basically) will be allowed to obtain names and addresses from the DoE Database for the purpose of issuing 'Fines'.
    At present they are trialling the machines that will take your car details...and trying to pretend that that they are Traffic Wardens.
    Pretending to be a 'real' Traffic Warden....living the dream lads.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I thought you were allowed time to go buy a parking ticket, about 15 mins or so, how else do you park if you don't have a ticket?

Poor fellow could always say he was looking for a shop with a parking ticket and couldn't find one so drove off to find another shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I might buy a few clamps and clamp some NCPS vans.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

tin79 wrote: »
    Why do people seem to think using the words "pop" or "popping" covers all sins?

Oh I was just popping in. Grand so. :)

Either popping into a shop/bank etc or going to mass.
    Perfectly good reasons to be an ass and park anywhere in this country
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Cabaal wrote: »
    Either popping into a shop/bank etc or going to mass.
    Perfectly good reasons to be an ass and park anywhere in this country
    :rolleyes:

Or picking up the kids from school/scouts/insert random activity.

You couldn't expect the little sh1ts to walk 30 yards to a safe parking space now could you? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭grainnewhale

Should ask around see if somebody had a ticket with that time on it. Hey Presto, stick your fine where the sun don't shine.

Advertisement