Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painters?

Options
  • 29-11-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi,

can you recommend a good painter that does a great Job painting ceilings for Little Money?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Good tradespeople don't do jobs for little money!
    They're professionals who pay their overheads, taxes, insurance etc.
    You're looking looking for a handyman, lots of them out there, but you take you're chance.

Check the small ads. in the Champion and Weekender.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

We'll even if it's a bit more money. But I need a guy that does a clean job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Unless you mean value for money, because theres loads of characters that'll slap some paint on walls for "Little Money". I wouldn't go to a cheap hairdresser, instead would save up for months until I had was required for a professional to do a decent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

It's not rocket science. Would you not just do it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Janine87, any of the paint shops in town will be able to recommend a good painter and maybe give you a ballpark figure of cost.
    Sandy Wheeler and O'Connells are two that spring to mind, phone no's should be in the book. But as I and others said, you may rue the
    "handyman".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Janine87 wrote: »
    can you recommend a good painter that does a great Job painting ceilings for Little Money?

Reading that, I suspect you're looking more for a charity service than an actual painter. If you want a job well done, then it will cost you unfortunately. This is rip off Ireland after all.

It's a small job if the ceiling wouldn't be so big. It's 2 ceilings I need painted. I like painting but I wouldn't do that to be honest.

By little money I meant someone that doesn't rip you off. Not for a small cost.

I have a look at the paint shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Lol, I bet you're sorry you asked!

Lol, I bet you're sorry you asked!

I know. :rolleyes: should have phrased it different I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Meh. I knew what you meant.

Everyone needs a good tickle I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement