Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Metres Been Put Down in Raheen Today

• 29-11-2013 4:35pm

outside my house since this morning

digging up the roads

:mad: robbing bastards this government is

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ranting and Raving forum is that way >>>> :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

tajd wrote: »

digging up the roads

Well that's what we voted for when we put FG/LAB into power.!
    Not much point complaining now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

tajd wrote: »

digging up the roads

If there is any republicans in our area they may be able to "sort out" the water metres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Willie O'Dea will 'sort it out' when he gets back in power...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

washman3 wrote: »
    Well that's what we voted for when we put FG/LAB into power.!
    Not much point complaining now.
    washman3 wrote: »
    Willie O'Dea will 'sort it out' when he gets back in power...:D

Oh jesus - go crawl back under the rock you came out of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

As a matter of fact, the water meters were being planned for at least the past 8-9 years. Engineer friends of mine were involved in a reconnaissance project / feasibility study for the introduction of water meters in the Limerick area. This was smack bang in the middle of the previous FF government - so you cannot blame the current group in charge.

Given that the metering and explicit charging for water was something that was being forced from the European side of things, and a part of the bailout terms that we didn't have much bargaining power over, it's also not correct to put all of the blame on the incumbents. If it wasn't for the ball of crap that the FF govt left behind themselves, we wouldn't be this deep in the mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

Mod Post: Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Are the workers on a go slow these days?

They seemed to have abandoned out estate (Abbey Court) since Friday. My driveway is blocked as although they installed the meter they never filled in around it with concrete. I don't have any yellow cover either so can't drive out.

No sign of them either today :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I acquired a yellow cover from the pile of crap they have in one part of the estate although they are marked as for pedestrians.

Just on the phone to Irish Water telling them the situation. According to their log records it could take another 10 days. :eek:

I said if that was the case I would fill it in myself as having my entrance blocked for up to 2 weeks is taking it a bit far. They will be in touch within an hour. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I acquired a yellow cover from the pile of crap they have in one part of the estate although they are marked as for pedestrians.

Just on the phone to Irish Water telling them the situation. According to their log records it could take another 10 days. :eek:

I said if that was the case I would fill it in myself as having my entrance blocked for up to 2 weeks is taking it a bit far. They will be in touch within an hour. :D

Better still -rip it out and fill it with cement!

• Advertisement
Advertisement