Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerkros oil boilers ?

• 29-11-2013 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭

Hi Guy's,
    Are gerkros still been made ?
    The hadn't been sold down here for about 8 years, this boiler came from Dublin
    I came across my first condensing one a few days ago, what a load of *%&"%, all sooted up, CO alarms all over the house going off, secondry heat exchanger all blocked solid, filty job removing it and had to power hose it as it was so blocked.
    No safety valve, condensation pipe was a bit of hose without a jublie clip and blew/burnt off releasing all the fumes
    Twin wall flue was sagging on a horozantal run, pool of condsation in it eat through rubber seals ( Flue pipes should have a slight rise to avoid condensation ( Slightly acid on the gaskets ) and no gaskets in outer pipe, smoke,fumes and soot everywhere. Also totaly broken board on first stage cleaning door ( From previous service).
    Clients told me it was serviced each year (without a FGA)for the last two - three years. and it was such a grest boiler servicing only needed 15 miniutes work they were told.

This was one of the worst and potentally the most dangerious I've seen for a while.
    I had to condem it and tell them that they need new flue + new installer.

Well who ever installed and serviced your boiler nearly killed you with all the dangerious mistakes and cowboy workmanship, I pointed out, and also I hadn't been called by them for 4 years, after 14 loyal years servicing there old Potterton (oil) boiler.

How the F. was I to know it was the Son in law ?

Effin Dub's come down here thinking they know it all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

the dubs dont like getting dirty we leave that to the muck savages and the muck savages dont like spending money on proper services :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

They're Gem boilers now, Google them.

Hello Scudo, gud to see ya!! :D
    Effin Dub's come down here thinking they know it all!

Travel anywhere they will. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Welcome back Scudo, always enjoy reading your posts...and keep on thanking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

Don't ask them anything more technical than their name if you ring them if you do there fooked worst shower I ever spoke to haven't a clue

They're Gem boilers now, Google them.

Hello Scudo, gud to see ya!! :D

Travel anywhere they will. lol

More than the dubs will travel anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

jimf wrote: »
    Don't ask them anything more technical than their name if you ring them if you do there fooked worst shower I ever spoke to haven't a clue

The Dub's ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Can we get a MOD in here ? Lot of dub bashing going on ...

scudo2 wrote: »
    The Dub's ??

No not the dubs there sound gem boilers ffs there useless with any technical questions

I've Google everything, gerkros, Gem, and can't find them, not that I'm to pushed as it's the one and only condensation I've seen down here, loads of the old Gem and heat pack that were ok except for flue through galvanized roof that need resealing from time to time.
    Anyway, can't find them on net. was just wondering if there still around and would love to ask them to stop making boilers.
    Again, condensation trap not in the coolest place, its between primary and secondary heat exchanger,rather than after.
    The instruction book was only staple photo copied paper FFS

Have anybody done much work on them ?

Ps. My problem is not totaly with Gerkros but with the effin twat who installed and done 15 miniute service without FGA.

Gerkros's designed is not very forgiving to idiots !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

I've Google everything, gerkros, Gem, and can't find them, not that I'm to pushed as it's the one and only condensation I've seen down here, loads of the old Gem and heat pack that were ok except for flue through galvanized roof that need resealing from time to time.
    Anyway, can't find them on net. was just wondering if there still around and would love to ask them to stop making boilers.
    Again, condensation trap not in the coolest place, its between primary and secondary heat exchanger,rather than after.
    The instruction book was only staple photo copied paper FFS

Have anybody done much work on them ?

Ps. My problem is not totaly with Gerkros but with the effin twat who installed and done 15 miniute service without FGA.

Gerkros's designed is not very forgiving to idiots !

Gerkros/Gem boilers have gone
    Wallop about a year or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

They had a gas boiler , thermogas I think it was called , heap of junk. There's an estate in kill that has them. I couldn't get parts for them last year as they wer gone bust

Robbie.G wrote: »
    Gerkros/Gem boilers have gone
    Wallop about a year or so

Again ? Or are they just hard to find ?

That's a pity if so as it's not nice to struggle and still loose it. I knew the wood chip boiler nearly broke them and the fine for copying GRANTS patented baffled didn't help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

More than the dubs will travel anywhere

Careful Jim, you could be going to the sin bin :(

btw, why is there two "tongue out" icons? I would prefer an extra packman, but facing the other way :pac:

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Wearb wrote: »
    Careful Jim, you could be going to the sin bin :(

btw, why is there two "tongue out" icons? I would prefer an extra packman, but facing the other way :pac:

I'm always in the sin bin at home so it would be nothing new it might hurt more if the big bold mods put me there

Err... Gerkros are from Tipp;)

say no more......

say no more......

And their gas boilers were rebadged Turkish delights of some description.

Eaa. all you gas sniffers ?
    Are Gerkros still in business ?

Google Gem Boilers Ireland and you'll find where they are now.

Gem are still about I believe but I couldn't point you in the right direction other than their offices are in Tipp.

• Advertisement

Google Gem Boilers Ireland and you'll find where they are now.

No joy on that !

http://www.gem.ie/html/about_gem.html

Seem to have slipped into industrial and system management.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rathlynin1

Robbie.G

Gem oil boilers have not gone wallop. They are still in existence

Www.oilboilersdirect.ie although I have heard they are not concentrating on Irish market and export almost 100% now.

I met one of their service engineers last week

gary71 wrote: »
    Err... Gerkros are from Tipp;)

Gerkros closed about 6 Years ago but parts are still available from gem oil boilers

Parts for Gerkros boilers are still available
    - looks like a complete cowboy of a service man responsible for that job you've been to

is that phone no current can never get an answer

Rathlynin1 wrote: »
    Robbie.G

Gem oil boilers have not gone wallop. They are still in existence

Www.oilboilersdirect.ie although I have heard they are not concentrating on Irish market and export almost 100% now.

I met one of their service engineers last week

Delighted to hear that 100% of there boilers are for export !!!!!!!

Not to sure if there still in operation, love to see them come back and also Irish jobs, but with a different boiler/ condensing heat exchange please.

Till then please keep exporting 100% of them.

Delighted to hear that 100% of there boilers are for export !!!!!!!

Not to sure if there still in operation, love to see them come back and also Irish jobs, but with a different boiler/ condensing heat exchange please.

Till then please keep exporting 100% of them.

you might be shocked by this scudo but I agree 100% :P:P

a lot of them I have heard of tripping hl stat for no apparent reason

the ould cosyman wasn't bad except the siht flu

• Advertisement

Rathlynin1 wrote: »
    Gerkros closed about 6 Years ago but parts are still available from gem oil boilers

It might be a bit simplistic of me, i'm not the sharpest knife in the box, but if the same people are involved and the name changes isn't it kind of the same company but with a different name:confused:.

Funny how GEM have acces to Gerkros boiler parts ;)

could be wrong gary but I think 4 lads took over the company that used to to work for gerkros

maybe a bit of management buy out I heard so operated from same premises as well

could be wrong gary but I think 4 lads took over the company that used to to work for gerkros

maybe a bit of management buy out I heard so operated from same premises as well

I went to their very nice offices in Tipp and found things to be very Gerkrosy but I'm being contrary:eek:, it's not a important point.

I went to their very nice offices in Tipp and found things to be very Gerkrosy but I'm being contrary:eek:, it's not a important point.

I think you need one of shanes hugs I just sent him a pm so he is aware of your needs ;)

I thought they were very gemy these days, gerkros has a ****e label attached.

I think you need one of shanes hugs I just sent him a pm so he is aware of your needs ;)

I find a punch on the nose the perfect antidote to huggers.

• Advertisement

im surprised no 2 isn't on complaining about this going off topic

I'm hugging myself these days, due to some clerical error over Christmas party.

Please no replys saying it wasn't a clerical error !!

I'm hugging myself these days, due to some clerical error over Christmas party.

Please no replys saying it wasn't a clerical error !!

you couldn't be hugging a nicer fella scudo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

nice one:),it also work when someone is annoying you:),

Advertisement