Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Training in Ireland or Scotland

Options
  • 29-11-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

a friend did her medicine course in Glasgow and is nearing final year of her intern. She has decided to do GP course and eventually would like to practice in Ireland. At this stage would it be advisable to apply to do the course in Ireland or do it in Scotland? Any pros and cons would be much appreciated as i have no knowledge in this area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

dewdrop wrote: »
    a friend did her medicine course in Glasgow and is nearing final year of her intern. She has decided to do GP course and eventually would like to practice in Ireland. At this stage would it be advisable to apply to do the course in Ireland or do it in Scotland? Any pros and cons would be much appreciated as i have no knowledge in this area

I don't know of the pros or cons as I am unfamiliar with the Scottish system, but there is information on the Irish scheme here http://www.icgp.ie/go/become_a_gp and application closing date is January 10th

May be worth applying and deciding whether to proceed with her application later.

Advertisement