Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving/Freight company

Options
  • 29-11-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey all,

I've just come back home to Ireland for a visit from Australia, but I am going back again in two weeks. I am looking to move most of my stuff over there (mainly clothes/books/ornaments) I was just wondering, could anybody recommend a good company that are reliable and not too expensive?

Thanks in advance,
    Erica :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com

Or try the search function...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Erica84

Thanks for that The Aussie. I'll take a look at them. I was wondering about freight companies which people have used. I have been in touch with a few different freight companies but I wanted to see if people had some personal experience with any (in case I need to avoid any or any I should definately go with) Have been using the search button....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Here is the first one that springs to mind.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84730855

I have found sevenseas to be the best option on a few occasions now, the first box is a killer but you make if you have multiple boxes that's where it comes into its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Erica84

Awesome cheers, they look great, most companies were looking for between 400-600euro these guys look much more reasonable, and the 10 wek wait wouldn't be a problem. Thanks so much for this! Thats great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Have you looked at sending things by an post. i think you can get a box 20kg sent for €70 or thereabouts. Havent used them but have read of plenty that have. We are looking at going in March but in the market for a container

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Depending on quantity you should definitely look at An Post as it is cheaper.

We used Careline a few years ago on a part load basis. No problems with them. However be aware that with part load you can be waiting a while for your stuff to arrive. Depends on when the container is full.

Advertisement