Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bone-chips

• 29-11-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Sharp little shards of bone scattered all over ribs or any other meat. Does anyone know what causes the chips of bone and/or how to get rid of them?

I wiped off the ribs bought today with kitchen paper and thought I'd got most of the chips but come dinner-time it was chew-chew-ouch all around the table.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Maybe a blunt bandsaw at the butcher's? Doesn't sound pleasant. I guess you could run the meat under the tap to wash the chips off, then pat it dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Thanks, Oscar. I thought it might have been a blunt saw. A sinful way to treat good meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

Butcher's fault - this is not normal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have never ever had this problem with ribs of any other cut of meat that I have purchased. I would be changing my butcher if I were you.

Advertisement