Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter railing Eastern Europe Summer 2014

• 29-11-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My boyfriend and I are hoping to go interrailing this summer in Eastern Europe. We would be spending 3 weeks max, does anyone have any particular must see places? No idea of itinerary yet, so open to suggestions! I would definitely like to visit Poland and Czech Republic but no definite plans yet.
    Any advice would be great!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Prague
    Lake Bled
    Budapest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

Prague
    Lake Bled
    Budapest

Pretty much. I'd add Lake Bohinj as well. Slovenia is a beautiful spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maeveac

Thanks for the advice! I've seen on a few threads that buying individual train tickets can work out cheaper than the interrailing pass. Does anyone know if this is a good idea? And what is a good website to buy cheap Eastern European train tickets on? Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

maeveac wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! I've seen on a few threads that buying individual train tickets can work out cheaper than the interrailing pass. Does anyone know if this is a good idea? And what is a good website to buy cheap Eastern European train tickets on? Thanks :)

If you're planning on travelling to any decent number of towns/cities, just get the interrail pass and save yourself the trouble. In most likelihood it will work out cheaper anyway.

Deutsche Bahn is a great website to research train tickets for all of Europe, not just Germany.

Advertisement