Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Gardai need help

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

They should release any CCTV footage they have to help identify him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

We got a text message of both Askea Girls and Boys schools warning parents about kids walking to school.

Which school in the town was it. I didn't recognise the Irish spelling of the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The school across the road from the fire station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Could be just hysterics, My nieces used to live near the StVincent De Paul hostel on the dublin Road and one of the characters approached them and their friends one afternoon looking for a light or maybe just to say hello and they ran home screaming and wailing like Banshees. I went out and the man was sitting on a bench near the mental hospital in a completly harmless state.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Could be just hysterics, My nieces used to live near the StVincent De Paul hostel on the dublin Road and one of the characters approached them and their friends one afternoon looking for a light or maybe just to say hello and they ran home screaming and wailing like Banshees. I went out and the man was sitting on a bench near the mental hospital in a completly harmless state.

Thats quite true. But I think if it has been released to the public for help they would have ruled that out. I would say the S.V.P hostel would be helpful about things like that, That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw what school it was as well.

It is very busy at that crossroads at that time of the day so hopfully someone saw something that can help and they get this sorted quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

My girls go to that school and we didnt hear a thing about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

Does anyone know what he did? Was it an attempted abduction or did he try rob from her or what.

It's not a very informative article I'd say hundreds of men in town have grey hoodies. If they gave a better description it might help this not happen to others maybe.

Hopefully he's found anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Does anyone know what he did? Was it an attempted abduction or did he try rob from her or what.

It's not a very informative article I'd say hundreds of men in town have grey hoodies. If they gave a better description it might help this not happen to others maybe.

Hopefully he's found anyway.

Article says he approached and stopped the girl. Could have been to ask for directions or he may have thought she was someone else. Then general hysteria takes hold and the pitchforks and lynchin' rope come out.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Article says he approached and stopped the girl. Could have been to ask for directions or he may have thought she was someone else. Then general hysteria takes hold and the pitchforks and lynchin' rope come out.

That's quite possible but if it is sinister they haven't given a discription of the man to maybe find him an stop he kidnapping or just scaring some other poor child.

Hopefully the little girl is ok

I heard on the radio he tried to lure her away with chocolate but she made it to school ok. The poor girl

• Advertisement
Advertisement