Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCA/Fitness test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Passed. Woop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Bob Law wrote: »
    Passed. Woop.

How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

DaveNi wrote: »
    Haven't received a thing yet, worried incase it has went to my old address, even though I changed my address on the application last Tuesday when I got the pass email.

No one in delay group has received anything yet apart from those who got higher than a B it would seem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Lap 1 was ok, lap 2 was harder and lap 3 was a phychological test more than fitnesd. Walked to push/pull and hit it hard. Give it everything you have and dont stop!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 azrael99

Hey everybody, new to the forum. Found out i passed the AC and am waiting to hear about the PCA fitness date, can anyone help and let me know do they email you about it or should i expect a letter? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Expect a letter in post along with vetting papers

Great thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

I got vetting papers but no invite as yet. Scored a B in my AC :)

When did you get the vetting papers? I havent been home yet to check the post. I got a B as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mreilley

Bob Law wrote: »
    Lap 1 was ok, lap 2 was harder and lap 3 was a phychological test more than fitnesd. Walked to push/pull and hit it hard. Give it everything you have and dont stop!!!!

Did the full amount turn up to do it?

Well done by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ClareRose47

Absolutely gutted. Passed the circuit with loads of time to spare. Failed push pull by a tiny margin. I have good fitness and train and lift weights regularly, got a grade a and to be knocked out now over so little is devastating! ! Such is life I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Are you a female?

Absolutely gutted. Passed the circuit with loads of time to spare. Failed push pull by a tiny margin. I have good fitness and train and lift weights regularly, got a grade a and to be knocked out now over so little is devastating! ! Such is life I guess.

Sorry to hear that!
    Did u find the push/pull difficult at the familarisation? or what do i think made u fail it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

My forms came on Saturday and I sent them at 9am this morning ;) think we should move this over to vetting thread before I get in trouble lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

Clare1304 wrote: »
    My forms came on Saturday and I sent them at 9am this morning ;) think we should move this over to vetting thread before I get in trouble lol!

move to the delay thread - delayers will be v excited to hear a B scorer got forms! (I know i am ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

Sorry to hear you didn't pass clare. I have mine this week and am expecting the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Is there any indication as you go round your laps what your time is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ClareRose47

mreilley wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that!
    Did u find the push/pull difficult at the familarisation? or what do i think made u fail it?

I was worried more about the technique and my stance. Would be better if we had an indication whilst doing it that we needed to push harder. ..there's no way of telling as the harder you push the more resistance the machine adds so it always moves at the same speed. Give it your all folks!!!
    No you don't have any indication of your time throughout the assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lolita12345

I'm in the same boat as clare passed circuits and failed push/pull, im also female!! Absolutely gutted to say the least!! Good luck to the rest off you just give it your all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Don't know how true it is but I was told that only 9 females passed the pca from first batch

• Advertisement

I was worried more about the technique and my stance. Would be better if we had an indication whilst doing it that we needed to push harder. ..there's no way of telling as the harder you push the more resistance the machine adds so it always moves at the same speed. Give it your all folks!!!
    No you don't have any indication of your time throughout the assessment.

How did u find it at the familarisation?
    Also were u lifting heavy weights in the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gilz_2001

Sorry to hear that :( Can I ask what height you are ClareRose? I am a small 5foot 1 female and worried about the push pull as smaller people are at a disadvantage on it! How often were you lifting and how heavy?

Gilz_2001 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that :( Can I ask what height you are ClareRose? I am a small 5foot 1 female and worried about the push pull as smaller people are at a disadvantage on it! How often were you lifting and how heavy?

I am also quite small (5'4) and i am also abit worried about the push pull now. I lift heavy weights regularly (50kg squat) (40kg bench press) and at the familarisation i felt like my push pull goes went ok. But now i am started to panic lol. Do u lift heavy and regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 coffeerequired

I failed today too:( and I'm female. But I somehow managed to pass push/pull and fail circuit by few seconds.

I failed today too:( and I'm female. But I somehow managed to pass push/pull and fail circuit by few seconds.

Sorry to hear that! It seems like a good few girls failed today!
    Did u have a good fitness/level of strength?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

Still to get dates for pca, im in the delay email batch. Just wondering is Familiarisation a date before pca or in the hours before the actual pca

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gilz_2001

mreilley wrote: »
    I am also quite small (5'4) and i am also abit worried about the push pull now. I lift heavy weights regularly (50kg squat) (40kg bench press) and at the familarisation i felt like my push pull goes went ok. But now i am started to panic lol. Do u lift heavy and regularly?

I train 6/7 days a week mostly cross fit style with lots of heavy weights, not quite as heavy as you though, I think if you can do that you should be ok... I will need to up training I think in next couple of weeks. Definitely is harder for shorter females as they are pushing up to the machine as opposed to being level.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Not to sound rude or aiming this at anyone in particular but worrying about what training other people are doing won't get you through the pca.

Just concentrate on building up your own level of fitness and do your best on the day. That's all that can be expected of you. Fretting because someone else can bench 200lbs and run a marathon will do you more harm than good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Passed PCA today, over the moon. I was really nervous beforehand but tried to channel all that adrenaline into pushing myself! I gave it everything I had and thankfully it was enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Do you find out on the day if you pass / fail PCA or will it be another wait for an email??

Advertisement