Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCA/Fitness test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lac123

I know I can do it and I'm feeling positive that I will. I'm just more nervous now knowing that more girls are failing! But I'm the fittest I've ever been and I'm ready for it!

good luck as well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EMM1991

Has anyone who heard they past the role plays last Tuesday got a date for the fitness yet? Should I be worried I haven't received mine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

EMM1991 wrote: »
    Has anyone who heard they past the role plays last Tuesday got a date for the fitness yet? Should I be worried I haven't received mine?

I think no one has heard from that group but a few have received vetting forms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

19087 wrote: »
    Certainly no such info for passers - the letter literally just says pass!

Sure, that's all the info you need!! ;)

For anybody that didn't pass - does the letter give you your scores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Mr.Peanut wrote: »
    I would guess that the psni will look at changing or removing the pca next recruitment as so many females not getting through

I seriously doubt that. Fitness and a level of strength are crucial for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭aeternus

There is information somewhere that state's alteration of pca because of female fail rate, I read it months ago but I have no clue where I found it or what I was searching for at the time! It was in relation to recruitment campaigns and specifics.

Can't wait till it's over. Never been more nervous for a test in my whole life. I think I'll have to stop reading this forum, the amount of women seemingly failing is not inspiring me with the greatest hope - thankfully after all my set backs my knee is almost back to normal again so at least I won't have that keeping me back.

Good luck folks. I think I'm just going to imagine I'm being chased by a bear and go for it, ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

:D
    aeternus wrote: »

Good luck folks. I think I'm just going to imagine I'm being chased by a bear and go for it, ha ha.

Do you mean an actual bear or are you speaking in northern Irish slang? :)

I seriously doubt that. Fitness and a level of strength are crucial for the job.

Yes but if only 9 females passed from the first batch and the rest of 50 males something will have to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Bit of advice for anyone waiting to do the PCA..

Stop reading the forum :). Focus on your own performance and ignore what has happened to others.

If you spend all your time looking at what others are doing, you'll fall over the hurdles in front of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

aeternus wrote: »
    There is information somewhere that state's alteration of pca because of female fail rate, I read it months ago but I have no clue where I found it or what I was searching for at the time! It was in relation to recruitment campaigns and specifics.

http://www.psni.police.uk/eqia_recruitment_full_report.pdf

This the one? Page 14 states PCA and firearms handling removed due to these stages potentially affecting female appointee numbers.

Pretty interesting read with the old statistics. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭aeternus

Yes, that was it.

Signing off this forum for the next little while until this is over. Not helping my focus reading on people's failings. Just going to put the head down and give it my all.

Best of luck boardies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

EMM1991 wrote: »

Hi - few of us in same boat (see "delay email batch" thread)....couple seem to have vetting forms only, most nothing at all so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I'd advise anyone still waiting for their PCA (of which i'm one) to start busting out the push ups, pull ups and dips. If you can do your own body weight then 36kg won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

CDizzle wrote: »
    I'd advise anyone still waiting for their PCA (of which i'm one) to start busting out the push ups, pull ups and dips. If you can do your own body weight then 36kg won't be a problem.
    26kg is the minimum for push/pull as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Jb12345 wrote: »
    26kg is the minimum for push/pull as far as I know.

I had 36kg in my head for some reason, i thought it was on the literature we received from Deloitte.

Had a look online and forces across the water are around the 34/35kg mark. Wouldn't do anyone any harm to aim for 36kg anyway.

i'd agree! aim high as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Hey all, I completed my pca earlier and I would say adrenalin is a massive factor to get you through. I'm a 5ft 5 female who is relatively fit but not overly strong and I passed. So this is more than doable! Try not to make mistakes on the circuit to save time and take in loads of air on the walk to the push pull!
    I went in thinking I wasn't going to fail cos I was a girl-definitely not the case! Good luck to all who are yet to do it!

221988 wrote: »
    Hey all, I completed my pca earlier and I would say adrenalin is a massive factor to get you through. I'm a 5ft 5 female who is relatively fit but not overly strong and I passed. So this is more than doable! Try not to make mistakes on the circuit to save time and take in loads of air on the walk to the push pull!
    I went in thinking I wasn't going to fail cos I was a girl-definitely not the case! Good luck to all who are yet to do it!

well done!! and thankyou for update....would you mind saying if you were in delay group and what grade please?...and how long it took to get froms etc??:confused:

No one from delay group has received pca date yet so second half of first passes probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

Passed this morning as well. Found it very tough was running on empty for two circuits but only really did light jogging and short sprints For a couple of weeks for training.In a bad way now but worth it! Just give every last bit of energy you have!

• Advertisement

Has anyone who passed pca this week received online learning email yet?

vickmackey wrote: »
    well done!! and thankyou for update....would you mind saying if you were in delay group and what grade please?...and how long it took to get froms etc??:confused:

I wasn't in delay group, i got told i had passed assessment centre at the end of feb and today was my pca. My grade was A. What stage are you at?

Sdcharger wrote: »
    Passed this morning as well. Found it very tough was running on empty for two circuits but only really did light jogging and short sprints For a couple of weeks for training.In a bad way now but worth it! Just give every last bit of energy you have!

Well done!! Do you reckon most of that group would have passed? I'm so shocked I did!! All down to adrenalin and not giving in!

I wasn't in delay group, i got told i had passed assessment centre at the end of feb and today was my pca. My grade was A. What stage are you at?

thankyou and well done.
    i was unfortunately in delay group....AC was start of feb, but results last week! -- "B"....so in for a long wait by looks of it. but hopefully still in with a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

Well done!! Do you reckon most of that group would have passed? I'm so shocked I did!! All down to adrenalin and not giving in!

Thanks well done too. Im shocked as well i had given up hope after it. id say i was probably in worst shape of most of guys. I would think nearly everyone from the session would be ok hopefully thats the case but you never know i suppose. I take it we get a medical date in the post now?

vickmackey wrote: »
    thankyou and well done.
    i was unfortunately in delay group....AC was start of feb, but results last week! -- "B"....so in for a long wait by looks of it. but hopefully still in with a chance.

Don't worry! Just because you are in the delay group doesn't mean you don't have the same chance as anyone else. Think positive! And give it your all on the day. Good luck :-)

Sdcharger wrote: »
    Thanks well done too. Im shocked as well i had given up hope after it. id say i was probably in worst shape of most of guys. I would think nearly everyone from the session would be ok hopefully thats the case but you never know i suppose. I take it we get a medical date in the post now?

Yeah I think so. I'm so glad that is over. I know that another girl that was there passed. No idea about anyone else. Some people looked like they weren't even out of breath when they came out. I'm still recovering lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Anyone have an idea on how many days the PCAs span for the second batch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

They area being done over three days (not consecutive)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Any failures in the most recent PCA?

Advertisement