Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCA/Fitness test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

8 though they said there were 16 others who didn't show. Have you had your PCA yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    8 though they said there were 16 others who didn't show. Have you had your PCA yet?
    :eek: was there only the 1 familiarization date???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Tommy Gunn wrote: »

Cheers for that - a lot of no shows there. Good luck for it!

Unfortunately, I haven't had my PCA yet. Dying to get at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Cheers, mine's tomorrow :(

I'll just be glad to get it outta the way. I've a job interview the following day.

There was just the one familiarization day for mine Vick, but there was 2 different time slots AM & PM.

cheers for that -- interesting that some feel they dont need to go to view it first! (maybe they have pulled out....more chance for the rest of us!)
    and best of luck for it tomorrow!! give it all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

vickmackey wrote: »
    cheers for that -- interesting that some feel they dont need to go to view it first! (maybe they have pulled out....more chance for the rest of us!)
    and best of luck for it tomorrow!! give it all!!

I really think seeing it first is very helpful, especially the push/pull element.

definitely!! very useful!!
    unless some of the people went to the original show round before at the start of the recruitment campaign -- i went, but will still go to this one again as really best to get a proper feel now that I know I'll actually be doing it! (whenever that may be!)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Just done my pca this morning. 16 at it and 2 didnt turn up. Only about 4/5 guys at it the rest wer all ladies. Passed and over the moon I really did think I was going to collapse but alls good :)

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Just done my pca this morning. 16 at it and 2 didnt turn up. Only about 4/5 guys at it the rest wer all ladies. Passed and over the moon I really did think I was going to collapse but alls good :)

Well done you!! Big relief I'm sure. Good luck with next stages.

Vetting Forms rec'd and PCA date!! So its all moving along as planned, now we know that its every 5weeks. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Do you have a big wait?

Took part in the marathon today. Training is on course.

Hopefully I'm in the next batch!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Vetting Forms rec'd and PCA date!! So its all moving along as planned, now we know that its every 5weeks. Fingers crossed.

What did you score in AC? I got 65 but still yet to receive anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

I scored 65 as well. Still no word

66. Seems like they are literally moving through the AC marks by 2% as it was above 68 last time.. And yes, plenty of notice, nothing moving fast, though suppose gives time for vetting to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Anybody else when they see people (who look like they might have only just started training) running past them wonder if they are also up for a PCA soon? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Anybody else when they see people (who look like they might have only just started training) running past them wonder if they are also up for a PCA soon? :)

Yeah lol. I often look at them and say to myself..they look like a wannabe peeler!! Lol.

Hows your training going gigity??

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Pleased a few more delay peeps have got a date. Not to scare anyone but a serving officer said to me 70% of girls are failing PCA and 40% of guys. It's good in that that's prob how delay batch/mid 60s are now up (I still haven't got a date) but... Keep up the training people (I'm sending this from the gym after wrecking myself doing HIIT lol). Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Training isnt going great! been for a few runs but do need to get my self in gear properly! Are you following the training programme they sent or making up your own?

Training isnt going great! been for a few runs but do need to get my self in gear properly! Are you following the training programme they sent or making up your own?

No, im just going to circuits and doing a bit of my own stuff. Cycling, running etc.

But again im going to step it up another gear and really push it for the next 5 weeks. Hopefully get my PCA date by then ;-)

When did they arrive??

• Advertisement

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    When did they arrive??

Thursday vetting
    Pca Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

Thursday vetting
    Pca Saturday

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Same for me as well

Lucky gits!! Lol.

I rushed home from work today like a spoon just to realise there was no post today!! Just wish things started moving again for my wee delay/limbo/no pca/bored/impatient group. Lol

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Lucky gits!! Lol.

I rushed home from work today like a spoon just to realise there was no post today!! Just wish things started moving again for my wee delay/limbo/no pca/bored/impatient group. Lol

Im a postwoman so get the post as soon as I get into work haha...I would hate waiting for it now.

Did anyone just get the one time for familiarisation? Or an am and a pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

LadyVernal wrote: »
    Did anyone just get the one time for familiarisation? Or an am and a pm?

Am and pm, you can go to either or both. Make sure you go, deffo worth while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

I didn't get a choice of AM or PM. Know someone who had there's the same day as me but given AM session and no option there either...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

I only got the 1 time for familiarisation session. Was hoping there only was 1 and that numbers were lowish but obviously not ha

• Advertisement

I work everyday and only got one time for 12.00hours... really want to go to it

Advertisement